Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera icons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera icons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flex_won
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Speed Camera icons Reply with quote

I have downloaded the speed zoned speed camera icons for use in my TTG Classic. They are named according to the speed zoned Ov2 files and display correctly in menus (such as manage POIs) alongside the POi category name.

I've noticed that the displayed speed camera icons change on screen. When in the normal route mode I get the speed camera warnings and the speed zoned icon is displayed. But as I get closer, the speed zoned icon changes to a standard speed camera icon (the black camera icon). This seems to coincide with the spoken warning but I'm not sure if this is coincidence.

I am running ver 5.2 with the latest camera database. The speed zoned icons were extracted from the camera database zip file. I have checked that all the icon bmp names are the same as the POI category name and that all unused icon bmps have been removed.

Any ideas if this is working as expected or if I have got something wrong in the set-up?

Thanks.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using both the zoned and unzoned files, so that you get two warnings per camera? If so, you need to set them at different distances - otherwise the poor thing will get confused. I have set mine so that I get a gong from the unzoned camera at (say) 500 yards and then a spoken warning such as "Warning, Speed Camera 40 mph" as I get closer.

I'm not sure which icon it displays - I don't usally look, because the spoken warning is sufficient - but if it has two co-incident POIs, it will only be able to display one icon.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
flex_won
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,

Thanks for that. I did think about that so I removed the SC ov2 and bmp file so it should only be the speed zoned files in there.

I don't have the TTG with me right now but I will double check tonight.

Regards.
JohnTT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find the answer to this because I've got the same problem. I also thought it might be the temporary speed camera ov2 file clashing with the mobile ones but I disabled the temporary one and it still has the problem.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the files from the speed-zoned set of files should clash with eachother, but if you have previously installed either the single file version or the consolidated-by-type set, then they will clash with the speed-zoned set.
JohnTT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a file called "pocketGPS_UK_Temp.ovp" and bmp that was causing the problem after all. I thought I'd turned it off but it was enabled.

The file comes with the "UK-Speed zoned complete" download after the Tom Tom Home selection - I've just checked.

This file comes with the black and white speed camera icon (which I was seeing) and is set to a shorter distance than the "mobile" camears hense the second warning and replacement of the icon as you approach. So there does seem to be a clash with the correct download. Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's a bit of a mystery...

Just for fun, I took all the Gatso, Mobile, Redlight and SPECs files from the latest camera database download, and I merged them with the TEMP file into one big file (using POI Edit).
I then asked POI Edit to search for duplicates, which took an age, but eventually reported just ONE double:
MOBILE:14791@30 and GATSO:2304@30

So if you are using ALL the latest download files there SHOULDN'T be any other clashes.

The only other possibility is that this month there are no SPECs with unknown speed limit. Early versions of the download didn't have an 'empty' SPECs_tba file, so the old file might not have been overwritten. But that doesn't seem the reason in your case.
JohnTT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for helping out with this one Smile . Having tested it again I was still getting the black and white standard speed camera icon, despite having turned off the Temp POI.

The only other file with the standard icon was "pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2" and bmp which I still had in the map folder. This POI was certainly turned off through the Tom Tom interface so shouldn't be causing a problem. Or could it???

Despite this database being turned off I deleted this POI category through the Tom Tom interface as an experiment... and then..... hey presto... problem solved 8O !

So why was it still enabled when it was disabled???
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm.... Confused

But you got it working ok, so Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and you might want to re-install the pocketgps_uk_temp.ov2 and .bmp files that you deleted, because they ARE part of the speed-zoned set. So at the moment you're missing some cameras.
JohnTT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
...and you might want to re-install the pocketgps_uk_temp.ov2 and .bmp files that you deleted, because they ARE part of the speed-zoned set. So at the moment you're missing some cameras.

Yes I've done that now following your comments and me finding out it wasn't the cause. Odd how the all-in-one database was still being used despite it being de-selected on the POI interface. My other POIs that I don't want are still not being shown, as expected, as they are de-selected. Come to think of it, they are ones pre-installed on the Tom Tom.

Anyway it's working now. Thanks for all your help :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: