Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN630 V3 - After 2 years how was it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN630 V3 - After 2 years how was it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: iCN630 V3 - After 2 years how was it? Reply with quote

So far I have purchased two units for my business, both are fantastic and the support from Navman has been very good.

It’s only fair to say that Navman have kept on improving their software and V3 is brilliant, M6 Toll road is spot on and the route finding excellent. It’s hard to imagine driving without it switched on, in fact I never do it’s now a fully fledged instrument in its own right.

For a while I tried a PDA running TomTom but in my view the iCN630 beat it hands down. I’ve also had the opportunity of trying the iCN510 which also performed fantastically. I do like the “instant on” and the touch screen and is it my imagination or is it faster? (I definitely want one)

Adding the cameras to the POI’s is a must, especially the mobile ones that the Origin B2 knows nothing about (also another must have!). I run both systems side-by-side, again they are spot on.

People used to tease me about using in car navigation, not any more! – try driving around London with its one-way streets and hundreds of speed cams, what a nightmare without it!

Companies and other POI’s should take note to check their addresses and make sure the can be easily be located by maps and navigation systems. Centre Parks, for example, insisted on giving me directions and couldn’t actually give me their address (make one wonder how the postman ever gets there!)

Don’t hesitate – buy one now (and “No” I don’t work for Navman)
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: My experiences Reply with quote

I whole heartedly agree.
I thought my purchase was an "expensive toy" - but having had to make several trips to distant hospitals, the ICN 610 has been invaluable in getting there easily and without hassle.
I had another occasion when I had to travel to an neighbouring town - others travelling there managed to get lost, whilst my Navman pointed out the car park within about 5yds.
The spoken directions are great - and unlike a human navigator, doesn't get peeved when you miss the turn twice in succession!

Regrets? Well - some of the mapping could be better - there are some streets shown as pedestrianised, and some of the directions are false at the roundabouts - for example "Take the third exit" when there are only two... Having said that - there are always bound to be glitches. Overall, it's been a good experience.
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mine since V1 - and now have V3 - The only problem with the M6 toll is that it says the M42 bit northbound is a toll road - when its not!

I've taken it on a couple of recent business trips to Ireland - and I have to say the mapping there isn't that good - outside of the Dublin area there are loads of roads missing. But once that is all mapped it will be good over there too.

Generall europe seems well covered though.

Its a brilliant invention - wish I'd thought it up!

Website

The answer is 42. Now what is the question?
limebear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Navman Europe shop, SmartST 2005 is due in any day. I was just about to upgrade to V3, so I hope this will be even better.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: