Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Again Please - TOMTOM 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Again Please - TOMTOM 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Help Again Please - TOMTOM 5 Reply with quote

Ok.

Since I last posted my question here is some more info and news.

I bought my Dell Axim X30 from Ebay from a guy in the USA. Since I received my TOMTOM 5 and could not get it to work. I emailed TOMTOM 2 days ago and they sent me this
Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom.

Due to the tremendous success of our upgrade offer for all TomTom products, we have received so many queries over the past weeks that is has become impossible for us to answer all of them within the two working days which we communicated to you before. We are doing everything possible to solve this, but do ask for your understanding.

Because most questions are related to a few topics only, we believe that by sending this automatic
e-mail, we are able to answer most of all unanswered questions at once. By doing so we can answer half of the questions a lot faster and at the same time focus on the remaining ones.

We kindly ask you to visit the following FAQ, which is especially designed for these questions and we hope to have answered yours : http://www.tomtom.com/3273

If this FAQ doesn’t answer your question, we ask you to update your question so we can answer it as soon as possible. At the end of the FAQ, we’ve added a link on which you can click, or which you can copy into your browser. If you log into your MyTomTom area, you can update your question.

We apologize for any inconvenience our response delay has caused to you.

With kind regards,

The TomTom Upgrade Team

I spoke to Dell USA and managed to transfer my warranty to the UK. I then spoke to Dell UK and they reckon my Axim is faulty and they are sending me a new one which will arrive tomorrow.

During the time I spent trying to install TOMTOM on my faulty Axim I managed to get a device code. I stupidly updated "MY PROFILE" on Tomtom's webiste. Since I am getting a new Axim, will I need a new device code from Tomtom? If I do need one how do I go about it?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you may need a new product code if you have already done two activations (likely the case since you got the unit from ebay) .

You will have to send copies of proof of purchase and the warranty paperwork to TomTom to make sure they understand that you got a replacement PDA and need a new product code.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
lenster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that

The Dell that I bought from Ebay was brannd new
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought you got the Axim together with TTN5 on it.

Well, if you got TTN5 independently and only installed it once then you are entitled to one more activation after 7 days. - you can use that for your new Axim.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: