Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman iCN 610
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman iCN 610

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ren-o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN 610 Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
Hi to you all,
I have just purchased a Navman iCN 610. I have only set two routes one to work and one to home. When on the journey to work, the signal is only found after I have travelled some 28-32 miles, however, on the journey home the signal is found OK.
My second point is I have Safety camera software from the site, I have a problem of getting it to download into my POI file on the Navman.
I really need some help with these two problems as I really don't want to send the unit back.
If you can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this posting.

Best regards Ron
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your first problem, what sort of view of the sky do you have when the car is parked at work and at home? If at home your car is hidden from half the sky by your house, garage, trees etc. then it will take longer to get a fix than from an open carpark, for instance. It is recommended that you obtain a fix before moving off, as getting a fix is much quicker in a stationary position.

You will have to provide more details for assistance with your second problem. Which files are you using (directory, file extension) and what are you using to edit the files for use with SmartST?
ren-o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN 610 Reply with quote

Dear Tim, thank you for your prompt response.
First, my car is parked off road on a small car park.There are no garages, trees etc, to block the view of the sky. I have had only one morning were I got a fix.

Secondly, I have used the software from http://pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php
Navman SmartST
SmartST V3

Am I using the correct software? I am only guessing.

Thanks again

Best regards Ron
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron,

Within the camera file you've downloaded are various files. You need to read the instructions here. They are a bit out of date as far as the filenames go, but you need the .csv files in the \Other directory.
ren-o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim,
I did all of that, when it was time to transfer the file to my GPS, a box apeared on my laptop, and told me that there was no file in my POI on the Navman.
As I am new to all of this I had my son who is a computer technician of some 10 years to install it for me,he had no success either.

Thank you for your time and efforts in helping to resolve this problem.

BEST REGARDS
RON
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally you get that message if you've edited the file using Excel instead of Notepad.
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman iCN 610 Reply with quote

ren-o wrote:
Crying or Very sad
Hi to you all,
I have just purchased a Navman iCN 610. I have only set two routes one to work and one to home. When on the journey to work, the signal is only found after I have travelled some 28-32 miles, however, on the journey home the signal is found OK.
My second point is I have Safety camera software from the site, I have a problem of getting it to download into my POI file on the Navman.
I really need some help with these two problems as I really don't want to send the unit back.
If you can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this posting.

Best regards Ron

If you're having trouble with a signal - I purchased an external aerial for the Navman ICN 610 through EBay for under £20, and it made a phenomenal difference to the signal strength
ren-o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: iCN 610 Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your help, you are right of course, I think I am just going to have to purchase an external aerial.
Best Regards Ron
chas921
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: ren-o Reply with quote

Hi
Ive managed to place the iCN610 into its cradle at the centre lower position of the windscreen below my Radar detector and managed to fold in the aerial? this caused a delay in capturing a satelite signal, so make sure the aerial is `open` and to avoid any obstruction to the antenna, the 610 is slightly offset now from the Radar detector.
Take care
Chas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: