Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN 5 working with itineraries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN 5 working with itineraries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: TTN 5 working with itineraries Reply with quote

Hi all,

Today I tested again TTN 5, this time with a 3 points itinerary. So heading for first point I was suggested to take a road in my left 5 miles away from the itinerary point. As I know the place and driving a coach I knew can get in troubles as that road is very narrow, with lot of traffic and cars parked.

So I decided to carry on as 1 mile later is a more proper road for a coach. To my surprise after a few yards it recalculated the route and deactivated that point as if it was already reached!!!

I was plenty of time, so I pull over and checked it. Then I activated again the point and the route re-calculation was fine this time.

Saddly, when the point was reached and whilst picking up passengers the screen became frozen and finally a hard reset was needed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you mean soft reset...

Anyhow, you can mark a point as destination or waypoint. Waypoints are only used to "somehow"route the tour through, destinations have to be reached to the spot, and you have to go to the itinerary screen again to call up the next destination.

So what did you use for the intermediate points, waypoints or destinations?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lutz,

lbendlin wrote:
Hopefully you mean soft reset...

Anyhow, you can mark a point as destination or waypoint. Waypoints are only used to "somehow"route the tour through, destinations have to be reached to the spot, and you have to go to the itinerary screen again to call up the next destination.

So what did you use for the intermediate points, waypoints or destinations?

No mate, no, I mean hard reset, the soft reset I tried, but it was so irresponsive like the rest of hard buttons. There is another thread here about this issue freezing the screen and getting irresponsive.

As for itineraries I use to work them as just 1 point as destination and the rest as waypoints.

With TTN 3 it works perfect. It never condones a waypoint unless you deactivate it. And was fine for me working with the coach as the pick up points cannot be altered in the order.

Oppositely, when in TTN 3 I marked them all as destinations and when they are closely one to other it doesn't respect the order taking just the nearest to you some times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: