Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOM TOM 5 on MDPNA 100 - need some help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOM TOM 5 on MDPNA 100 - need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gimly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: TOM TOM 5 on MDPNA 100 - need some help Reply with quote

Hi guys don't know what I'd do without this forum.

Here's my problem - I have installed tom tom 5 with gb maps on my medion pna 100, during setup it is asking me which GPS device have I got the options are :

1 Tom TOM Wireless GPS
2 Tom Tom Cable GPS
3 Other bluetooth GPS
4 Other Cable NMEA GPS

which one do I select to get it working, or do I need to do something else instead to get it working, when I open the TOM TOM software it is saying NO GPS DEVICE and 0 Satellites - can someone please help me
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other Cable NMEA, then select your port from the list.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Philsat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Same but different Reply with quote

I have also installed TT5 onto a PNA100 using the "other NMEA cable" method however, the unit works and the software runs and I can navigate perfectly but......there are no satellites in the status bar, it says zero and no signal bars are lit.
Also in the GPS status - signals are there but greyed out and I can get an actual fix to display showing mph and heading and the time but no sats...very strange!

Is this a shortfall of installing TT5 onto a PNA or is there a fix, I know its not important but it would be nice to see them bars lit.

Cheers for any ideas.
gimly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philsat can you send me the patch so I can see the MPH as well please.
Philsat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimly,

First things first I don't have a patch to display MPH - you can only get a mph reading in 2 places within TT5, one is actually displayed in the status bar whilst in the "navigation" screen and the other is in the "show gps status" which also shows any satellites, their signal strength, a W & S degrees reading, a rotational degrees from North and a time signal generated from the earths base stations which is transmitted up to the satellites.
I don't think the GPS Status data can be turned on or off but the one displayed in the "navigation bar" can.
If you "Change Preferences" then arrow to menu 4 of 6 and select "Status bar preferences" several boxes can be ticked to display the info shown, afterwards simply click Done and Done again to return to the Navigation pane, on your next journey the MPH, time etc. will be displayed.

Have a look in GPS Status, this will tell you if indeed you are getting any "lock", the lower bars will be filled with the signal being recieved from each satellite and the little circle in the top right should be spinning and indicating a time.

Hope this helps
gimly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks to Ibendlin and philsat for their help in getting me on the road :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: