Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Speedcam Subscription Good/Bad??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Speedcam Subscription Good/Bad??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluebottle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Speedcam Subscription Good/Bad?? Reply with quote

Hi,
I am thinking of purchasing the tomtom speedcam subscription (69 Euro's / Year) and before I do, is it worth it?

Does the database consist of all the Speedcams and can someone tell me if you get the chance to download Asda's etc with it?

I have seen free POi's on this website but finding it hard to determine which one is the best option to buy or obtain for free! Money isn't a problem (don't want to sound big headed, I don't have a lot!, i'm more interested in quality products!)

Has anyone actually paid for the tomtom Poi service?

Many Thanks

Lee
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if the TomTom speed camera database is better than the free Pocket GPS World one (which is updated every month)
TomTom maps in TT5 seem to be very out of date
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
justustwo1965
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom Speedcam Subscription Good/Bad?? Reply with quote

Bluebottle wrote:
Hi,
I am thinking of purchasing the tomtom speedcam subscription (69 Euro's / Year) and before I do, is it worth it?

Does the database consist of all the Speedcams and can someone tell me if you get the chance to download Asda's etc with it?

I have seen free POi's on this website but finding it hard to determine which one is the best option to buy or obtain for free! Money isn't a problem (don't want to sound big headed, I don't have a lot!, i'm more interested in quality products!)

Has anyone actually paid for the tomtom Poi service?

Many Thanks

Lee
hi lee, i purchased tom tom speedcam and feel i wasted my money .its not very comprehensive whatsoever. for instance i think theres only about 20 sites MAX in the whole of hampshire!!!.
i`m a complete novice to all this pda/gps lark so thought i would take the easy route ,once i have enough info/courage on how to do it, will download pgpsw saftey cam download.good luck
.p.s +also tom tom site didnt give me any other poi like asda
Bluebottle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice,
Since writing this message, I have tried the POi Editor found on this website. I have to admit it is the best there is since using the POi Warner program I was using with TT3.

Tomtom are very good at giving their customers 3 word answers to questions. I asked if the SafetyCam Subscription allowed me to download other POis and if the Database was comprehensive. There response was something like "Database is Good!"

They didn't even answer my question!

Anyway you have! and thanks for that, I am staying well clear of Tomtom's Subscription for now. Try POi Editor! Very good, you will need to subscribe (Free) to POi Handler website to enable you to download from them, I have found that the POi Editor uses the same sync database websites as POi Warner which I am very used to. I know the info is reliable, which is what I wanted. That is why I nearly went for Tomtom as for 69 Euro it must be!!!!

But it isn't!!

Thanks

Lee
Soulah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a post for manually sticking them onto your ipaq or whatever / or was, within the stickies of this forum. Its very easy, and yet another way of doing it.

I have to say the database on here is an excellent resource and has done me proud for a long time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: