Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - connecting the Leadtek 9537
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

connecting the Leadtek 9537

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orubap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: connecting the Leadtek 9537 Reply with quote

Hi,

I just recieved my new Leadtek 9537. Having used it for the last half hour and searching this forum I think its a possibility my Leadtek is already duff.

I bought the receiver to use with my nokia 6630 and I've already ordered a 256MB memory card as I intend to use Tomtom mobile5. To test the receiver for the time being I installed PowerNavigator v1 on my phone.

What I did was:

1- powered on the receiver. Both blue and green lights flash, then the green goes off and the blue remains flashing (to show lack of a bluetooth connection as far im as aware).

2- start the navigator on my phone and enable the gps option, where by it then pairs up with the receiver. I enter 0000 as the pass key and when the process is finished the blue light now remains constant.

3- now just to clarify, the green light has not made another appearance since i powered on the receiver. In the navigator on my phone, I went to data view and I can see the software attempting to get a fix. In the top right of the display are a number of vertical bars which I can only presume represent the signal levels received on individual sattelites. Now all the bars except one are at the bottom indicating no signals on most of them. The single bar that shows some signal is only filled up about a fifth of the way. Now at this point I was still in my flat, so I decided to go outside and see if there was any notable difference. Even after 5-8 mins there was no change on the screen from what I described above. Now I dont now if my receiver is actually working or whether Im just in a bad location to get a fix (I live in the city centre if that would make any difference?).

I downloaded the PC version of Winfast Navigator but unfortunately my bluetooth dongle is about 100miles away right now so I cant use the software to shed any light on my receivers connectivity.

After reading some posts in this forum I then find that some people say that the green light must be flashing since power-on, and if it isn't then the unit is faulty.

Can someone please clarify on this? Sorry if this post was longwinded but I thought i'd give as much info as I could. Probly could have whittled it down to "Hey, should the green light be flashing after you turn it on?"

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initial fix can take up to 15 minutes. If you had it for that time in good sky view (no moving around either) without fix then the unit may indeed be dufF.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
orubap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lbendlin, you were right. Patience was the answer. Crisis averted.

It took about 18mins - I watched the bars I mentioned earlier fluctuate at first one then another and another. After I had a signal on three different satelites it gave me a 2D fix and THEN the green light started blinking. Now it takes about a min to get a fix when I head back out. I checked the lat & lon co-ordinates it gave me with the post code reference chart at jibbles.org and I'm pleased to find they match.

Sorry to get evryone excited Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: