Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 Premium Voice Files - Where do I put 'em ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 Premium Voice Files - Where do I put 'em ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: TT5 Premium Voice Files - Where do I put 'em ? Reply with quote

I thought I'd celebrate my recent sucess in getting TTv5 working by booting "Jane" off as my voice of choice & trying someone abit less "grating" (hehe)
The instructions on TT have me a bit confused (!) They mention copying the files (once unzipped) to the "Voices" folder on your memory card - there is no such folder on my card (or anywhere else on my PPC that I can see) - I tried creating my own folder "Voices" on the card and in the TomTom directory on the PPC but that doesn't seem to have worked (?) Indeed I can't find the "Jane" voice anywhere on my PPC / Memory Card
Any help would be appreciated ...
Paul Confused
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy them into the same directory as the existing files (you'll have to have a poke around) and as long as the two digit number associated with your new voices isn't the same as the old voices, disregard the confusing renaming instructions. For me the files needed to go into:

my device\my documents\tomtom

Hope this helps. Btw, its not that dirty Silvia is it? Thumbs Up
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveH ...
Thanks - that almost worked!
I found two files in mydocuments\tomtom
both called data05 which corresponds with DATA72 which I downloaded ... however I got three DATA72 files when I unziipped the downloaded file from TT - one of which is clearly an image of the TomTom voice
There is no such image of "Jane" in the mydocuments\tomtom folder so perhaps that file should be stored elsewhere (?)
Finally when I select Voices from the change voice preference in TT I get a new voice available (which works & is the one I downloaded) but it is shown as "Special 12" & Female but as it's not a female voice (& certainly not "Sylvia") but the US "Don" which is a male voice (I presume!)
Paul ;)
proeliator2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keen to know if the premium voices do the same "turn left" instructions but with an accent or do they add something more to it?
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Anyone Help ?
Paul Confused
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to get a couple of " Celebrity " navigation voices & I've just put the " dataXX.chk " into the folder named " TomTom " on the memory card. The XX can be any number you allocate to it, if you get a wrong number on there it may overwrite the original voices you added, but numbers I've used are - 01, 02, 11, 16, 17, 20, 21, 23 & 24. When you go to choose a voice it still shows as the original name, you'll just have to test them to find out which is which.
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulBoy wrote:
DaveH ...
Thanks - that almost worked!
I found two files in mydocuments\tomtom
both called data05 which corresponds with DATA72 which I downloaded ... however I got three DATA72 files when I unziipped the downloaded file from TT - one of which is clearly an image of the TomTom voice
There is no such image of "Jane" in the mydocuments\tomtom folder so perhaps that file should be stored elsewhere (?)
Finally when I select Voices from the change voice preference in TT I get a new voice available (which works & is the one I downloaded) but it is shown as "Special 12" & Female but as it's not a female voice (& certainly not "Sylvia") but the US "Don" which is a male voice (I presume!)
Paul ;)

That's exactly as I found, 3 files for the new voice, only 2 files for the old. I too get 'Special 12' shown but my voice is that of Sylvia. Didn't think too much about it until reading your post, maybe that 3rd file is supposed to go somewhere else such that it displays properly in the voices menu. I'll have a look. Its a bit strange you have the US Don voice though!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: