Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD Card not being recognised, help needed!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD Card not being recognised, help needed!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishingsteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: SD Card not being recognised, help needed!! Reply with quote

Have just been given a TOMTOM GO 300 from my company and have been using it for 2 days with no problems. Running V5.000

At lunchtime today it decided to lock up and has never started again since, all I get is the picture of the SD card with a red X through it. Tried the SD card in my laptop and it isn't recognised!!!!

Fortunately I had backed up the original config to my pc and had a spare 512mb card which is now loaded and is running OK.

Can the camera database and voices cause teh system to trash the SD?

All i was doing at the time was adding my next destination and it just froze on me!!!

Halfords will replace the SD card but thought these things were pretty robust????

Regards
Steve
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: SD Card not being recognised, help needed!! Reply with quote

fishingsteve wrote:
Have just been given a TOMTOM GO 300 from my company and have been using it for 2 days with no problems. Running V5.000

At lunchtime today it decided to lock up and has never started again since, all I get is the picture of the SD card with a red X through it. Tried the SD card in my laptop and it isn't recognised!!!!

Fortunately I had backed up the original config to my pc and had a spare 512mb card which is now loaded and is running OK.

Can the camera database and voices cause teh system to trash the SD?

When you say that your laptop doesn't recognise the card, is that when it's in TTG and connected via the USB lead, or do you have a separate card reader?

Since you appear to have a complete backup of the card, as supplied, have you tried to re-format the card and then restore the backup? If so, what happens?

TTGs have been known to crash when the card gets too full - but even then, shouldn't trash the card. How full was it? You may have to delete unwanted voices in order to make room for the cameras etc., and still leave a bit of breathing space.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
fishingsteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The card is not recognised by the TTG 300 or my built in card reader in my laptop. Cos it can't be seen it cant be formatted or any files deleted.

The card had about 2MB left of free space before it crashed. I thought it may have been too full as had camera overlays and voices on it and it seemed to crash just after saving a Favorite!!

Have never known an SD card to be totally trashed to a level where it can't be accessed by anything!!
[/quote]
Makka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem. Only had the TTG 300 since 22 May. Last Thursday the GO locked up and after the SD was not recognised (Red Cross through SD logo)
I attached the GO to my laptop and right clicked on it and chose Properties. My free space was exactly the same as my Used space...absolutely ZILCH...ZERO. It was as if the card wasn't there.
I contacted TT customer support by email who told me to return it to them and they would send out a replacement...which brings ME to ask a question.
When TT Customer Support emailed me the details of the replacement it said I would be receiving v5.20. Now either this is a typing error or I am running the possibility of being used as a guinea pig for a beta version as v5.10 has only just been released. Could there possibly be a version 5.20?
smallfreak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makka wrote:
When TT Customer Support emailed me the details of the replacement it said I would be receiving v5.20. Now either this is a typing error or I am running the possibility of being used as a guinea pig for a beta version as v5.10 has only just been released. Could there possibly be a version 5.20?

The first GO 700 units have already been shipped and the software reports version 5.20 - like we have already assumed. Certainly TT will place this version for download in the next days.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: