Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - LETS ACT, TOMTOM 5 SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY WHICH?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

LETS ACT, TOMTOM 5 SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY WHICH?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glen007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: LETS ACT, TOMTOM 5 SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY WHICH? Reply with quote

Which magazine as many of you know are a consumer based organisation much like watchdog on TV they are always interest in consumer complaint issues.

Below is an email adress that you can use to comlain about TomTom, the more people complain the more likely which? will investigate this disaster of a product, quite simply it should not be allowed.

Power to the masses! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Email: extra@which.co.uk
COMPACT FLASH VIKING INTERWORKS 512MB
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. Can you explain why please? I foind it more stable and faster than TT3 so why would I want to complain?

Not being awkward just asking you to justify your post thats all ;)

Mike
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complain about what?

Have you ever bought a piece of software that worked perfectly? If you have please let me know what it was.
Glen007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your software works, then fine and i am very happy for you and other people who have a perfectly running system. That is what we are all aiming for.

If you read other posts there are many people who have got problems, more than should be acceptable, remember it could be you next time
2point8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything works fine here... It took a little coersion and help from this forum, but nothing more than a hour or two, and so far so good. Maybe also provide an email to TomTom so i can tell them how awesome TT5 is? Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glen007 wrote:
if your software works, then fine and i am very happy for you and other people who have a perfectly running system. That is what we are all aiming for.

If you read other posts there are many people who have got problems, more than should be acceptable, remember it could be you next time

Do you have v5?
newmikey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: LETS ACT, TOMTOM 5 SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY WHICH? Reply with quote

Glen007 wrote:
....will investigate this disaster of a product, quite simply it should not be allowed.

It's got its issues, but TTN5 is certainly not a "disaster". I trust TT will come with a 5.1 update just as they did for the go that will solve some issues, not all. Then, if you're happy, stay with TT5, not: go for one of the competing products. It is all about choice.

I choose TTN5.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works fine on my PDA, which has a 400MHz CPU. A lot of the problems reported could be due to making excessive demands on slower CPUs
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
Glen007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have V 5 sitting on my desk, im frightened to death of installing it as i need it for an important trip and quite frankly, after reading for hours through these threads, dont feel confident of using TTN5 for it. I will be installing it in a weeks time.

It is not just the product that i am complaining about, its their service,

with statements like "you were just lucky that third party GPS recievers worked before" and "We advise you to buy the latest tomtom receiver instead" does not really help people. I too have posted questions to TomTom and sometimes after the response they have give me, think did they actually ready my question. I now instead of contacting TomTom use this web site as people actually answer your questions and are very helpful.

I personally think that there have been too many problems with both their service and products. i.e. bugs and the way it has been shipped out. Even the person on the end of the phone admitted that most of the calls they had been receiving were of people complaining of where there product was.

Why dont we do a poll to see how many people are 100% happy with their TTN5 upgrade?

This thread was intended for people who have had problems, not for people who have a an up and running system, some people have been fortunate but the tables next time could quite easily be turned.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glen007 wrote:
I have V 5 sitting on my desk, im frightened to death of installing it as i need it for an important trip and quite frankly, after reading for hours through these threads, dont feel confident of using TTN5 for it. I will be installing it in a weeks time.

I can't defend their CS, it's appalling at times.

However, TTN v5 works perfectly on my 2210 and I too use a BT338 so you should go ahead and install with confidence. The issues posted about here are a very small percentgae of the installed user base and are not a fair reflection of the product, happy users don't post to say it all works Smile

If you have any concerns, take a backup before installing and you can then revert easily if needs be.
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have full confidence in TT5,as i did with TT3, its brilliant!! :D :D
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I 've got it installed and working on a 2210, without too much hassle. I'm using a BT receiver so without the hints here to use wired settings I'd still be in the dark maybe - but I'm an inveterate fiddler, so I'd have probably made it in the end.

My advice would be go on do it - I had no other problems - if you're reading the forums, as you are, the only work around I needed was for the BT connection and the postcodes.

Yes there are things that need 'tweaking' by Tomtom, and hopefully a release will fix those, there's odd bits in TT3 i miss in TT5, but if TT5 was all I'd known I'd be happy. Conversely there's some better bits in TT5.

Sadly as they develop programs they have to go forward. As with all upgrades, especially when you're in at the beginning there's always the chance of unforeseen bugs and issues etc. If anyones not sure, well carry on using TT3, delay your TT5 upgrade a few weeks/months whilst Tomtom get it tweaked etc and you can see what will and won't work.

There are other products out there if doesn't suit - or go back to TT3 and try for a refund - but I'm not sure if the grounds you daren't risk it will wash.
Glen007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrend could you please jot down your settings

Com Port No ?

Driver being used (and What Baud Rate) ?

Also are u using the rom update given by packard bell (latest rom version is 1.10)

Also in the bluetooth manager did u first set up a connection, then pair the device and then pick the device when prompted by the tomtom software.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally id put the bt update on if you havent then deleate and repair the gps and pda make sure you can see the gps in the paired devices screen then set up the gps in tomotm use other wired gps com 8 baud rate 38400 you may have to scroll the screen to get the com port up the gray scroll arrow ont he right of the pda screen then selecting the com port chosse the last setting should be com 8

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glen007 wrote:
Darrend could you please jot down your settings

Com Port No ?

Driver being used (and What Baud Rate) ?

Also are u using the rom update given by packard bell (latest rom version is 1.10)

Also in the bluetooth manager did u first set up a connection, then pair the device and then pick the device when prompted by the tomtom software.

Packard Bell? I bonded the GPS as normal and then set TT to use Other BT GPS on COM8, Baud Rates are auto configured for BT Receivers in TTN5 so you do not get asked for these.

My 2210 is fully patched with the latest ROM and all updates.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: