Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 not linking with GPS-Emtac
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 not linking with GPS-Emtac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Sanders
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: TTN5 not linking with GPS-Emtac Reply with quote

TTN3 worked fine, but TTN5 is saying it cannot find any satellites. Memory-Map finds them successfully as does Crux view ( a Socket freebie) They are doing this on COM9 at 4800
I installed onto my 512SD card but find that the folders TomTom Today, TomTom Voice Jane and TomTom ~Bluetooth all exist but are empty.
There is still approx 60Mb free on the card.
I have done a soft reset & re installed but still have not been succesful.
Everything else works well on the SD card.

Is there any way I can get TTN5 link with the excellent Emtac? Sad

AlanSanders
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done the same thing, I've also hard reset my 4150 but I can not get my TTN5 to talk to the Emtec BT GPS.

What PDA are you using?

It looks, from other posts, like Tomtom are washing their hands of non TT GPS working with their SW.
Alan Sanders
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Dell Axim X5 400, it has behaved perfectly with all software including TTN3, it is only now with TTN5 that I have had a problem linking with the excellent Emtac.
I am reluctant to do a hard reset at this stage!
I also use Sprite backup software which has proved to be very reliable.

Alan Sanders Sad
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Sanders wrote:
I'm using Dell Axim X5 400, it has behaved perfectly with all software including TTN3, it is only now with TTN5 that I have had a problem linking with the excellent Emtac.

Alan Sanders Sad

I'm beginning to see a common issue here, the Emtac, can we start a thread for people who can not get the GPS working (and it worked fine on TT3) this may pre warn people with the BT GPSs that don't work with TT5.

Phil
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realised that my Emtac does work with Tomtom Mobile so smething has definitely changed in the TT5 BT driver..... :x
Robocop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Emtac Trine with a Qtek 9090 and have upgraded from TTN3 to TTN5, and it works fine.
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORTED IT !!!!!!

When you cofigure your GPS select "other cable GPS" then use the slider to select 4800 the press done. After that select the comm port, I selected BT on comm 6.... or was it 8....

Let me know if it works
Alan Sanders
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased that you have sorted it! Well done.
I went down your route ...
When I went to configure it I chose "Other cable NMEA GPS" - presumably the one you chose, it then gave the slider at 4800 which is what I wanted, and when I pressed "Done" it then gave BlueTooth ComPort

After three failures doing the above, where nothing happened it then worked on the fourth go!

I am amazed that it has worked, and very grateful to you.

I do not understand how the little free standing Emtac could ever be considered to be a "Other Cable NMEA GPS" I hope it doesn't mind TTN5 holding it in such low regard!

I still don't understand why one has to use an undocumented workaround!

I hope that other users of stand alone GPS units will also find your notes as helpful as I did.

I can now explore this new software - Thanks again.

Alan Sanders
Skeletal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: TT**** Reply with quote

Greetings all.

Many years ago I came to this forum as a total beginner and you kind folks helped me with my many problems to get Tom Tom working with a iPaq PDA and an Emtac sat receiver.

Over the last few years I have been using the system and I have decided, it is ****!

The reason for this post is that I have just spent three hours trying to get TT5 to work! With previous versions I was used to having to do a hard reset every time I tried to use it; they direct me the wrong way up one way streets; they try to get me to join motorways through the locked gates only obtainable by the Police; and now, oh joy, no matter what I do I cannot get TT5 to “talk” to the Emtac! And here I was hoping that the latest version might actually work better…what a hope.

I have tried the trick of using the “cable NEMA” and, somehow, it works (so once again thanks to the wonderful folk here). I now worry that, when I turn everything off, it will all fail again. I THINK that I made it work by using Bluetooth manager to connect to the Emtac (thanks TT for the bug of turning this connection off every time you start TT5), then I started TT5 and tried the NEMA trick. TBH I’m not sure, after spending so long trying everything I’ve forgotten what I did!! (And I am getting very close to chucking the thing in the bin!).

Is it too much to ask that we actually buy a product that works????

Ah…feel a bit better after this rant!!

Skeletal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: