Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 - Be warned....!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 - Be warned....!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JNeail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: TTN5 - Be warned....! Reply with quote

Hi folks

Word of warning, I just got my upgrade through the post, backed up my PPC (HP Hx2410) before I started (thankfully!) and did the upgrade. Upgrade worked first time and had no problems connecting to my BT GPS despite some of the posts here.

However... When TTN5 is running .. that's it.. nothing else can. What I mean is I no longer can look at my calendar, contacts see calendar reminder notices in fact any pop-over menu or application as they're completely suppressed (still works in back ground!) just TTN5 stops them from making a screen appearance.

This is very annoying if like me you need to look at your diary on the move, or look for a number or pop in to Notes and write a number down in fact all the things you like to do with you Pocket PC whilst driving and using navigation software.

I've posted several questions with TomTom, none have yet been replied to, for me the issue is so serious I've reverted to TTN3 (See why I backed-up first now!) until such times a fix is available.

Worse still.. The Map data hasn’t improved since TTN3, in fact the only improvement I can see is the inclusion of the M6 Toll Road. Local roads near me (CV9) which have recently been either re-routed, improved or now have flyovers etc., are all still missing, some have the one-way priorities removed or changed??

Overall I love the new look and feel and the new features like post-code routing (even if it is a bit clunky - it should be part in the main 'navigate to' function for my licking but hey!). But these flaws are a real let down and for me make the software unusable. Evil or Very Mad

So be warned.. Unless of course, I'm doing something very very wrong (won't know for sure until the folks at TomTom reply to my questions!), it's not all that good after all!

Regards

Jay
A very dissapointed Long term TomTom Customer! Sad
gpssparky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I push the calendar button on my MDAIII I get the calendar, even when tomtom is running. Same with other button assigned apps.

-----------
Tomtom Go 540 Live - That's it.
JNeail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I omitted to say in my last post, that if I keep hitting the calendar button eventually it'll come up same with other items which have a direct access button on the front, however it'll mostly disappear as quick as it appeared.

Can you get to the 'Start' button with TTN5 running for accessing other stuff other than on the direct access buttons I could in TTN3? I need to do this to get to 'Notes' as I don't want to re-assign a button for it as I use all the buttons as defualt. Also do you get pop-over alerts for calendar or other notifications? I can hear the chime but no pop-over!

Let me know.. Interested to see if this is a) me doing something stupid b)TTN5 not working correctly as per my post c) a compatibility issue with the HP Hx2410

Thanks

Jay
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can press any button when TT5 is running and get contacts ect what ever i want,its not an issue on mine
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
paulbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay - I have a similar problem. I have a bad habit of leaving the wireless enabled on my Ipaq... problem is, as soon as I start driving, I start getting pop-ups asking if I want to connect. With TT3, it was easy to tap on the top left to get the Start button, and from there, disable wireless. Now - like you - I need to exit TT5, disable wireless, and then restart TT5.

I haven't tried any other apps from the hardware buttons though.

Regards
Paul
JNeail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, but can you get to the start button ttrevor? This and the pop-overs plus the mapping errors are my main gripes

Kind Regards

Jay
Integrated Volvo Phone (Crap - Echoes), Motorola V525, SPV E200, Nokia 6310i
>>They call me Gaget Boy!<<
JNeail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap Paulbo .. I do the same .. spame problem .. begining to hate TTN5... After longing for it for so long as well Rolling Eyes
Integrated Volvo Phone (Crap - Echoes), Motorola V525, SPV E200, Nokia 6310i
>>They call me Gaget Boy!<<
silversurfer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

i have an ipaq2210 with a clean istall of tt5 , i can use my buttons to bring up other programes while tomtom 5 is working and access the start menu from one of these

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: