Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PPC250 & TomTom5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PPC250 & TomTom5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserdisc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: PPC250 & TomTom5 Reply with quote

I've bought TomTom 5 and installed it onto my PPC250. Software installed OK but I can't get Tom Tom to talk to the GPS receiver.

I've tried the option for the Tom Tom Cable GPS, which offers no further configuration and also the "Other Cable NMEA GPS" receiver at various boards rates from 1200 to 115200 on S2410 COM1 which was used with Tom Tom3 without problem.

Does anyone else have TT5 working on the PPC2250, if so can you please advise what GPS receiver settings you are using with TT% and whether you are using the GPS receiver which was bundled with the PPC250 when bought in May 2004 from Halfords.

Thanks.
laserdisc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 is compatible with Medion PPC250 Reply with quote

I fianlly got TTN5 working with the Medio PPC250 and the RoyalTek RGM2000.

The GPS settings have changed slightly over TTN3.

1. In prefernces select the GPS settings.

2. Change the GPS receiver to be a Other NMEA GPS Receiver.

3. Set the COM port to S2410 on COM1.

4. Set the baud rate to 4800.

What confused me was that it took several minutes to pick up the GPS signal but that might have been due to the torrential rain and thunderstorm taking place as I sat in the car trying to get TTN5 to connected to the RoyalTek GPS receiver.

Anyhow it works fine.
elevonic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I'm about to install tomtom 5 on my ppc250.Cheers
rich2606
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still having problems. i have the same ppc with the orignal gps reciver (medion?) when i goto gps status it comes up with all the data, but in navigation screen it displays 0 satellites and normal navigation (no planned route) does not work.
any ideas?
thanks
elevonic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, I installed TTN5 and set up the GPs as shown above by laserdisc and it works fine. The only 'problem' I have seen so far (1st day) is that if I go into preferences and set up options, ie poi's the gps is lost for a couple of minutes when I exit prefs,but it does come back on by itself after a short time. I have an Aldi Medion PPC250 with the Royaltek RGM 2000 gps receiver
rich2606
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tested mine today and all works perfect, apart from the satelite signal allways reads zero...strange! Laughing Out Loud
oh well as it navigates perfect i can live without knowing how many satelites i have a fix on!
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rich2606 wrote:
oh well as it navigates perfect i can live without knowing how many satelites i have a fix on!

I had a similar problem with my PPC250 (before it was stolen Crying or Very sad ) when I went from the Medion-supplied GPS application to Navigon Mobilie Navigator 4.2.

I used Leadtek's 'GPS Monitor' application (available on this site from the 'Downloads' section, if I remember correctly), to change the messages sent by the Royaltek GPS.

If you get the application 'talking' to the GPS and then go 'Tools - Command - NMEA', you'll be able to change what messages are sent , and how often.

I found the following to work OK:-

GGA 1 VTG 1
GLL 2 MSS 2
GSA 5
GSV 5
RMC 1

with all the User entries as 0.

Hit OK, completely exit and kill GPS Monitor, start you normal GPS application and see if you get the display you expect.

Philip
laserdisc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't have the number of satellites or GPS strength indicator working although my cousin who has the same model PDA and GPS receiver works perfectly.

Strange indeed.
dandan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Medion MDPNA100 / MD95025 Reply with quote

My PNA was having trouble locking to the Satellites too. I folled the above steps and now my TTN5 works with GPS locked satellites!!! Amazing.. thank you very much for this thread.... long live pocketgpsworld.com!
Botty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I used Leadtek's 'GPS Monitor' application (available on this site from the 'Downloads' section, if I remember correctly), to change the messages sent by the Royaltek GPS

Where can I find this piece of software now as I cant find it on the Downloads page Question Question Rolling Eyes
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=15

There weren't really that many possible candidates on the Leadtek download page ! - 1 that said 'Instructions'; 1 that said 'PC', and 1 which had the highest number of downloads !! Rolling Eyes

Philip
Botty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Philip Wink

I will have to upgrade my telepathy chip such that "GPS Monitor" is interpreted as "Winfast Navigator" 8O

I am grateful though, I hope it solves it. Will let you know....
garichd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Help..! Reply with quote

I am using the same fix as suggested by Philip.

But there is one issue. I have to run the winfast navigator every time before running the TT.

If I am stopping for some time (Like moterway services) then before starting again it doesn't work again untill I get out of TT, run the winfast navigator, does the settings, kill the winfast navigator and then rerun the TT, and TT took very long time to run smothely (around 5 Mins).

is there any way around.

Please Help

gari..
garichd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,

Can some one help me on my above query..

gari..
topbanana1960
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum and I've been viewing the forum several times over the last 18 months or so but I need some help now so have 'officially' joined. Basically, I've got the Medion MDPPC250 and I've just installed tomtom software. Everything has installed correctly but I cannot get it to talk to the GPS receiver (Royaltek 2000).

I've followed the guidance as previously suggested as follows;

GPS hardware = 'other cable NMEA GPS'
GPS Baud rate = 4800
Connected to 'S2410 COM1'

I've waited for 5 minutes or so but still 'no GPS device found' message comes up.

Any help would be graetly appreciated. :P

The only other thing I could try is the Leadtek's GPS Monitor application but I cannot find it in the downloads section in order to give it a go. Can anyone supply me with a link? Wink

Thanks in advance

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: