Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom5 incompatible with HX4700 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom5 incompatible with HX4700 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lancaster wrote:
alansh wrote:
Tweak2k2 didn't do a lot - and it froze on exit again....

No, it didn't work for me either, but it was worth a try.

Regards

Martin

What may be happening is that forcing the PDA to use VGA has the effect of also forcing TTN5 to use its VGA code, which seems to be where the problem lies...

Regards,

Paul
tube
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HX4700 and TTN5 still running fine in non VGA mode... Laughing

And I have had a email reply from Tomtom to say an update will be on their web site in the next 2 weeks, to cure the problems.... hopefully all of them.

Wait and see if they come up with the goods.
mike30
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the guys @ Pocket Gps World would be interested with the message I sent Friday Evening to Tomtom (I will post the reply When I get it this week, so stay tune).

"Message sent to Tomtom"
If you have got it so right with the process then how is it that Standsted Airport J8 and Braintree Essex A120 and A130 to Basildon Essex are totally incorrect? Especially when I have already well into last year reported these errors to you and still nothing has been done about them.
"Strange" but not surprising.
Oh by the way check out

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

To see how happy your customers really are.
I will not be buying any more Tomtom products in the future and will convert others to do like wise.
Yours sadly A very unhappy Customer.

By the way if they do decide to read our comments then let them have it and see how unhappy we really have been since they have "TAKEN US ALL FOR A RIDE"
JDavid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: The other view Reply with quote

I bought TTN5 and an HP HX4700 just about two weeks ago and in spite of some problems I would not want my money back. It is not really incompatible with the 4700, they have not got the VGA working right and they are some issues with the bluetooth driver. But, if you set it back to QVGA and use the "other" bluetooth, then it works well and does not hang, at least mine does not. TomTom have certainly made a mistake in releasing the product too early but as long as they fix the VGA problem within a reasonable time then that's OK.

I would say that their attitude is very arrogant and they don't know how to deal with problems, for example I have not seen any sort of apology. But then that is the way the Dutch are sometimes, onbeschoft is the word for it (not sure of the spelling).
arthurnorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Nav 5 update now available Reply with quote

... from the tomtom web-site - it will be interesting to hear if it fixes things for others. It will take me a day or so to know what it does for me!!
Obiwan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after all the hullabaloo everyone's gone relatively quiet now the patch is out.

Personally I couldn't give a tuppeny toss i'm happy with the bodge - it's working well.

Is this a common reaction?
tube
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like tomtom have fixed the VGA bug, have just done a 600 mile round trip to Truro with no hang ups, with 5.10 update loaded. Laughing

The screen also looks better in landscape mode with VGA

All we need now is the SDK for CheckPOInt so the camera alerts can work better. Built in Warner is useless. Sad
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - time to get another Mk II unit then I guess

have been using the Tom TOm Go since taking back my MK II but I hate it - too big, too cumbersome, whole unit has to be in window and crap display having used VGA (tho nice volume)

AK
Tom Symonds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: OK so does it work!?!?!? Reply with quote

I'm a Navman user -- with an hx4700 and was thinking of switching across to TT Nav 5 because of the lack of VGA support with Navman.

Does this fix work properly -- NO ISSUES -- with VGA quality display. Because I'm steering clear if it doesn't
mottus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After saying that my HX4700 works fine with TTN5 (apart from the minor pain of it locking on exit) - using it lately, it has decided to start freezing. One problem I found was if the calendar decided to send a reminder whilst TTN5 was running TTN5 would simply 'wait' for the reminder to clear. Fine when you're using it in the car - not much good when you're on a motorbike with the thing stuck in your pocket!!

Anyway, the thing has now started to also freeze up after 2.5 hours - I guess due to the memory leak problem. I've had a response from TT support who tell me the 5.10 fix will cure my problems. I'm a bit confused now reading this forum - is the 5.10 TTN5 fix the one you're saying upsets the screen resolution, or was that a pre 5.10 'hack' which was causing the resolution problem?

Does the 5.10 fix work AND retain the original screen res?
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.1 'seems' to fix the crashing/freezing problem and you still have VGA display.
paul.raeburn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well well well, I have been using my hx4700 1.10 with TT5.1 and had a problem one day when i went to use TT and got a message 'failed to start' I completed a hard reset, a reinstall of 5.1 now all I get is the main menu comes up and freezes.

I have reset the device about 20 times still the same.

any ideas.

PR

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: