Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom5 incompatible with HX4700 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom5 incompatible with HX4700 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmoorc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just applied the fix myself. Mine was locking after 3.5 to 4 hours so I will see in the week how I get on.
One thing to note is the menu response and scroll speeds are soooo much faster. Before I was scrolling at 3 to 4 fps. It must be at least double this now I am not running VGA.
Obiwan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tests with wired GPS showed no difference to BT.

So far the hack seems to be the only compromise.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feck.. That's a revelation.. Worked magically for me. No or little mem leak on the desk...

Simon
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not tried fix yet and probably wont.

Have now got the problem that TT appears to close when running. Had it going for a couple of hours yesterday and it crashed without warning, only realised when I missed my turn of the M74 as I wasn't watching the screen. Still though we were in Moffat and realised it was frozen.

After a soft reset it then just closed the application every ten minutes and when it did work randomly never spoke the turnings.
Obiwan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you've got nothing to lose - try the fix.
tube
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: HX4700 Crash Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to this but had to register and get my feelings down.

I only upgraded to TTN5 after TTN3 maps got out of date, on exit PPC crashed, reverts to Today after about 1hr, and memory becomes non existant.

Will go back to TTN3 as I drive about 20 to 40 hours a week.

Not very happy after all the good reports, tomtom could not have tested on HX4700, most pepole I know have this PPC.

Dave,
Obiwan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still noticing a slow fall in memory even after the hack.

Could it be that the software is still leaking memory but at only a quarter of the previous rate?

I haven't had it running long enough to be sure.

Any thoughts anyone?
Deadly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Refund Reply with quote

My Tom Tom 5 was collected by UPS and I recieved a mail to say that Tom Tom had received it, but that it can take up to 6 weeks to refund!!!! Its poor untested software and should have carried a warning that it won't work with VGA or 4700. Very sad as Tom Tom is themarket leader. Soon as I get the chance I am had resetting and loading back 3. If they produce a fix in the meantime...well I guess I'll leave it on Smile.

Mark Deadly Smedley
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tube
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: TTN5 in QVGA Reply with quote

Yesterday I made the .exe mod with the ResHack software and now my HX4700 is running TTN5 fine, after a long trip with many route re-calculations my memory was still 13%, with no loss from start to finish.

Non of the previous errors during route or exit have appeared. Laughing

Maybe this is a VGA problem as the Dell also has the same problems.

The only other issue I have is the POI built in warner, for speed cameras it is terrible, even the wife commented on a journey the other day on the lack of warnings and overspeed warnings. CheckPOInt was the biz. Sad

My HX4700 is running a Tomtom BT receiver.
JDavid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: My 4700 works ok now Reply with quote

My 4700 works ok now but I had to do two things:

1 Use the "other bluetooth driver", TomTom support advised this

2 Apply the hack to switch off the vga display, as per this thread

This is with the latest TomTom bluetooth gps.
Lancaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alansh wrote:
I too applied the reg hack which seems to be OK so far. I then used Tweak2k2 to put VGA back again. I'll see if that stays stable.

Alan

Now that was a bit of smart thinking. Please let us know how it goes.

BTW, the problems sre exactly the same on the Dell Axim X50v, which is their equivalent of the 4700.

Regards

Martin
JDavid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TTN5 does not work properly in VGA mode then how does Tweak2k2 put it back to VGA and it work OK?
Lancaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDavid wrote:
If TTN5 does not work properly in VGA mode then how does Tweak2k2 put it back to VGA and it work OK?

That is what Alan's experiment will tell us.

Having said that, I tried Tweak2k VGA force on my hacked TTN5, and it didn't make it VGA...

Martin
Deadly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up and relunctantly returned to TT 3 as the crashes were becoming dangerous on Motorways!!!! They Refunded me but omitted the postage hence letter below....

"I recently purchased an upgrade from TT3 to TT5 for my Ipaq 4700. This was disastrous as the software was untested and not supported by this machine despite it being a top of the range and most popular PDA.

Your support team have acknowledged there are faults

(Dear Mr Smedley,
We are aware of some of the problems with the Ipac 4700 and are currently working on a solution and fix for the problems . I cannot confirm when this would be but can insure it is beinf worked on . Please let me know if you wish to initiate a refund .
With best regards,
The TomTom Customer Support Team)

and the countless forums which are condemning the product. This software should not have been released in this state as it has crashed my PDA every time in use and this happens to hundreds of other users. It even forced a hard reset on my machine whilst driving on the M25 relieving me of my PDA and forcing me to waste nearly a day reloading and reconfiguring my machine. Incidentally my machine has never crashed before with Tom Tom 3 and Tomtom 5 was installed on a reformatted and up to date rom.

You have refunded my purchase price yet omitted to return the postage paid of 9.95 Euros for a faulty product. Please ensure this is immediately refunded and 25 Euros reasonable compensation for having to write this letter and also for the time spent having to reformat and reconfigure the machine.

Under the credit consumer act I will inform my credit card company who have joint liability with yourselves if this is not dealt with within a reasonable amount of time"

I am biting back because they have tried to make pratts of myslef and other loyal customers...NO WAY did they test this software correctly but they still put it out to geedily make another load of profit, it only takes 1 hours of using it to realise its faulty (or minute if it crashes on open....doesn't take a genius to find out those obvious crashing faults)....DISGRACEFUL

Mark Deadly Smedley
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lancaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alansh wrote:
Tweak2k2 didn't do a lot - and it froze on exit again....

No, it didn't work for me either, but it was worth a try.

Regards

Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: