Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How To .... get speed camera detection on aldi medion 95900
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How To .... get speed camera detection on aldi medion 95900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andymercer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: How To .... get speed camera detection on aldi medion 95900 Reply with quote

hi guys am new here, have spent all day trying out a few ways to get the UK speed camera database software onto my medion md 95900 - which i bought from aldi last week. i thought i would post a helpfull tip to others trying to do the same.

you will need to purchase the map overlapping program and the actual databse licence for around £30 - its in euros so not sure of exact exchange rate.

i did this all earlier on today and its working fine, ive been out and tested it!

so in a few easy steps this is how you do it.

1. firstly install the activesync software that came on your disc. Once loaded up connect you navigator and once a connection is made press explore. this may take a couple of seconds to load.

2. download this file onto your desktop and then copy and paste it into the start up folder in the windows folder of your navigator (via activesync)

http://www.active-soccer.co.uk/showtaskbar.exe

this means that when you restart your navigator via the restart button on the top - you will get the windows task bar (start). - helpfull later.

3. now what you will need is POI Warner from this website. Click on the product selection / medion navigator/ poi warnre link at the top of the page. choose your version (mine came with V4.75 but check yours first!

http://www.navigating.de/Home_en

it will cost around £20 (30 euros) to register after instalation. follow the instructions given.

4. now register at http://www.poihandler.com and then subscribe. without subscription you can access lots of great things like nearest mcdonalds etc. but you need to subscribe to get speed camera database. subscription is £9 for the year (13 euros)

5. once you are subscribed use the poi-sync function in warner to download camera database to your system. the warner website and the poi handler website guides you from here.

6. when you have downloaded the poi's then exit out of that screen and click start monitoring. and your done!

i would just like to thank the chap with the active soccer website for the link - im sorry to reproduce it here but thought it might be helpfull for others. also a big thanks to Tel33 who gave some sound advice in another thread.

takes about half an hour to do!
andymercer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok change that last bit - dont bother buying the cam database like i did, instead download them off here for free!
SteadyEddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying that the POI Warner will work with the csv file for speed cameras?
andymercer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it wont but you can convert them follow the instructions given in the website of "pocketgps" on this forum http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22114
MrRee4U
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: HELP can someone post a copy of PoiEdit The sites down Reply with quote

Hi,

has anyone got a copy of Poi_edit.exe that they can post, or email to me the sites down and has been for a while.

I've searched around, but all links lead back to the same site, which, as I say is down.

Pretty, pretty, please.

11:45am 12th June 2005
robbieh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i get the map overlapping program please
cheers robbieh
SteadyEddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.poiwarner.de
MrRee4U
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: HELP - Still need POI Edit Reply with quote

Chaps, is there someone out there, surely there must be, please, please.... Ive cracked the OS, thats done - I see from my post people are finding that easy. Ive downloaded and registed POI-Warner, thats installed. Great..... Now I need to convert the POI database from PocketGPS but cant get a copy of POI Edit.....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me out here ..

Thanks
pixor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search on google and found it. All is working now, thanks for the info.
KPGills
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the above Andy, all worked fine first time.

One question.....when I start Medion Navigator how can I switch between Medion Navigator and PIO-Warner?

Thanks,

Keith
shark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP - Still need POI Edit Reply with quote

MrRee4U wrote:
Chaps, is there someone out there, surely there must be, please, please.... Ive cracked the OS, thats done - I see from my post people are finding that easy. Ive downloaded and registed POI-Warner, thats installed. Great..... Now I need to convert the POI database from PocketGPS but cant get a copy of POI Edit.....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me out here ..

Thanks

Here you are m8,

Here

Cheers

N
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Sync help please!!! Reply with quote

I have tried to follow your instructions on here to get the speed camera options to work.

I have downloaded all the software you suggested and installed it, but then I come to a problem.....my activesnyc is not working at all, I have tried differnet settings but still can not get it to run..What am i doing wrong??? very frustrated so far hi.

I would appreciate any help to resolve this problem please.

Lets hope someone can up and running.

Cheers
bikageboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, just thought id say hello,

adfter trying to buy a GPS from audi, i went for the medion mdpna100 from halfords.

its running pocket pc (windows mobile 2003)

and medion navigator 4.4

bit confused so far, i can get it to do what i want it to - but having trouble installing files and programs to it that i have downloaded.

also having trouble with the speed camera detector database thingy.

very new to Pda's and GPS systems (so far - i know nothing)

can someone please help ? mabe just start by talking me through the basics. . . also - can it be cracked ? and what are the benefits of it ?

confused ever so slightly.

cheers
Warren
bikageboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sync help please!!! Reply with quote

ferjan wrote:
I have tried to follow your instructions on here to get the speed camera options to work.

I have downloaded all the software you suggested and installed it, but then I come to a problem.....my activesnyc is not working at all, I have tried differnet settings but still can not get it to run..What am i doing wrong??? very frustrated so far hi.

I would appreciate any help to resolve this problem please.

Lets hope someone can up and running.

Cheers

i have to wiggle mine around in its cradle for mine to connect,

think i might take it back to the shops on monday.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: