Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bug collection for TTN5.000(4890)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug collection for TTN5.000(4890)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug: traffic delays/queues/roadworks shown on the map may appear to be on the wrong side of the road, but the 'rippling effect' of arrows may appear to be correct. This seems to occur most of the time when in the UK, but not - as far as I've noticed it - on the continent (and I've tested this through two trips via France and Belgium to Holland, and one trip do Paris).
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug: Discrepancy between spoken instruction and visual display and the actual distance e.g. "In 300 yards, turn left" when the turning is considerably closer than that, perhaps less than half the distance. The visual distance display then decreases very fast to be correct at the turning.
Also noticed when arriving at destination; "In 100 yards, you have reached your destination" when distance can be as little as 20 yards. Again, visual display rapidly decreases.
Basically, spoken instructions are too late which leads to uncertainy, late signalling and last-second turns or braking - dangerous.
chaddow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUG ? when using TomTom Navigator 5 in Spain (using the Iberia Plus map) the "Avoid Motorway" option sometimes resulted in routes which involved the use of "Autovias". For example the route from A Coruna to Gijon involves the use of sections of the A6 and A8.
Western Europe Map V652.1181/Brodit Car Mount
Peeablo2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: TTN5 POI NOT FOUND Reply with quote

Sorry for the stupid question...
I have TTN5 on a Mio168 - all works ok except POIs. I can see them in the MAP, but if I try to list then the I get a NO POI FOUND!!!
I read the posts and they suggest using TTN3 POI.DAT - where can I get this file????

Many Thanks in Advance

P
Peeablo2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: TTN5 POI Reply with quote

Guys - just tried TTN4 POI all now works ok EXCEPT I can't see any phone numbers now - oh lordy!!!!

PLEASE any ideas anyone

Many Thanks in Advance

P
wjrs5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Lost Voices Reply with quote

On an iPAQ 3970 all the voices disappear randomly and have to be re-installed from the CD. This has happened several times. I have just disabled in preferences the "link volume to car speed" sound option, to see if this solves it.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try traveling towards Blackpool M55, heading for the airport, TT5 tells you to exit the motorway, go round the roundabout take second exit and puts you back on the motorway !!!- great waste of 5 min that one, I only followed it out of interest, I usually disregard it due to local knowledge - Mike
treborvfr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Try traveling towards Blackpool M55, heading for the airport, TT5 tells you to exit the motorway, go round the roundabout take second exit and puts you back on the motorway !!!- great waste of 5 min that one, I only followed it out of interest, I usually disregard it due to local knowledge - Mike

I've just simulated that route and it seems to work OK, I'll try it for real if I go there in the next few days. What I did find amusing though was I plotted the route using the Airport POI as the destination, this took me round the Airport access road, past the terminal and down to the Vulcan Bomber, where it continued behind the bomber and on to the runway service roads and runways themselves before reaching my destination! Laughing
griffgruff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: TT Support/Development Reply with quote

Does anyone know if TT Suport/Development keep track of bugs reported here, and if they will fix them in next release?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here is another word of warning blackpool to hendon nrt london - not via m6 toll road it tried to send me down the m42 @ birmingham - even though planned route was m6, m1 - easy mistake if you don't know better - mike
mad4it
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been very dissapointed with TTN5, and have noticed most of the "BUGS" mentioned here. AND I'VE ONLY BEEN USING IT FOR 1DAY!!!
I have tried to copy & paste Speed camera POIs into the MAP folder, but the paste is always greyed out. I have only been able to copy & paste to the SD card with it inserted in the PC's card reader rather than the PDA (H2210).
ALSO how do you enable voice warnings instead of beeps??? TTN5 doesn't give and option
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new 5.1 patch appears to create new issues. I did not have any of the problems that the patch claims to fix, but hoped that the patch might incidentaly fix the poor performance of TT5 compared with TT4. Instead, the 5.1 runs much much slower than TT5. It now takes nearly 30 seconds to open the paplication, instead of about ten seconds before. Switching menu screens used to be instantanious. Now it takes three or four seconds. In the map view, drawing speed seems to have dropped alarmingly. Drawing all the roads in my area used ot take three or four seconds, now it takes about ten. TT5 is clearly a development of the TT4 interface, so why is it so much slower? BTW, I have not taken it on the road yet -but I don't expect much!
hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Connection to BT GPS lost in landscape mode Reply with quote

hornist wrote:
If I then go into settings and change the screen orientation to landscape, TT loses its position and displays 'No GPS device!'. If I return the screen orientation to portrait then, after anything between a few seconds and a minute, normal GPS service is restored.

Since installing v5.01 I've not managed to recreate this problem. I successfully used landscape mode for a journey yesterday. So it looks like something they changed in the update may have fixed this. I'll post if I experience any recurrence.

Paul
hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this one's already in the list.
When creating a POI it's not possible to edit the default text. It is possible to either delete the text and replace it, or to add new text to the end, but what you can't do is put the cursor at the start of the default text, or in the middle. This used to be possible in TTN3.

So, if I search for a company by it's address, and then want to create a POI for it, I can't change the default text of 'Thingumy Street' into 'Acme Widgets (Thingumy Street)'. I have to type the whole thing in.

Paul
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone's experienced this one - couldn't see it anywhere in this topic, but apologies if it's been mentioned before.

Sometimes (not always), TT5 (running on a Mio 168) gives "You have arrived at your destination" one manouevre too early - i.e. it'll tell me I've arrived at the point when I reach what should be the last turn on the route. The map is showing the end of the route correctly, but the voice gets one step ahead of itself for the very last stage of the route.

I have to say, though, other than the above problem and a bit of occasional "jumping around" to a random point a few yards away from my current position and then back again, I've found TT5 to be fairly good so far ...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: