Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia 6600 - Bluetooth + PC suite - - - Helpppp!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia 6600 - Bluetooth + PC suite - - - Helpppp!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droflas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6600 - Bluetooth + PC suite - - - Helpppp!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi and thanks in advance.

I have just bought a second hand Nokia 6600 phone so that I can put Tomtom onto it to use it for navigating.

I have two computers, One is a low speck one which I repaired and just use to test things, but I have been using it to install files onto my Nokia 6600 and it has been working fine.
The operating system is Windows ME and when I connect my phone, it logs on and PC Suite for Nokia 6600 works fine.

I then tried it with my main computer which is Windows XP and the phone links up with the bluetooth, but PC suite for nokia 6600 doen't seem to see it and so it doesn't connect to it.

I have tried to install Tomtom on my Windows ME machine, but it says that it is the wrong operating system.

Does anybody know how to get the phone and the computer to communicate???

the phone is using com4 and com3 on both computers, but the XP machine won't connect with PC Suite for Nokia 6600.

PC Suite for Nokia 6600 by the way is version is 1.1.0

This is what is happening.

Windows ME
Both computer and phone are paired OK.
on the Windows ME computer, I click on the bluetooth places icon and click the Nokia 6600 bluetooth serial port icon and the computer and phone connect as shown by the icon next to the clock bottom right.

Windows XP
Both devices paired OK.
On the Windows XP computer, I click on the bluetooth places icon and click the Nokia 6600 bluetooth serial port icon and the computer makes the error sound and a message pops up saying
The bluetooth port connection failed: Could not connect to the remote device.

Anybody got any ideas ??? as I cannot install Tomtom until this is sorted and I am fed up of going around in circles.

I am only trying to connect the phone to one computer at a time by the way, and not all three together.

Finally, I have an Ipaq 3900 and this connects to the XP computer by bluetooth with no trouble, but I usually connect it through the cable to the computer.

Thank You.

Droflas.
-Bazza-
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always found bluetooth unreliable in windows xp and too much hassle trying to get a connection, so I mostly use infra-red instead now or usb card reader if I want a faster transfer rate.
dhevans_6
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sync my 6600 fine with bluetooth on Windows XP using the Nokia Suite.

You need a program called 'mRouter' running, this is part of the Nokia Suite. The file name is ConnMngmntBox.exe in the Nokia program files folder. I did notice when I first installed it, this wasn't necessarily running all the time...
Once this is running it will be in the system tray as two grey arrows. Right-Click on this and select 'Connect to a bluetooth device'. After a bit, your phone should come up in the list (assuming it's either discoverable or you've paired it).
Give it a while, and the system tray icon should change to something like a computer and a mobile connecting to each other. It will go to another icon which looks like a paintbrush leaving a green line (the icons are awful) when it's connected.

HTH

Diane
droflas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Diane.

Iv'e got mRouter on both machines and like you said, it flashes and shows a computer and phone ETC. yes it does on my Windows ME machine, but on my Windows XP machine, it turns into the computer and phone icon, then reverts back to the two grey errr, paintbrushes Laughing Out Loud

So it is trying to connect, but just wont and I am going crazy.
dhevans_6
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I'm struggling a bit here.
Did you install the bluetooth device after installing the Nokia suite? I think I had to install the bluetooth device first (A Belkin class 2 USB one). However, that wouldn't explain why it starts to connect and then fails.

Presumably you have tried making both the phone and the computer discoverable?

I would also say the bluetooth configuration under the control panel doesn't work, saying 'device not found'.

Can't think of anything else, if no one else can help, it might be worth emailing Nokia... Confused
droflas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dhevens_6

I installed the bluetooth weeks before and the bluetooth devices are paired up and connect to each other.

The bluetooth icon next to the clock turns green so it is connected.

It is the mRouter that starts flashing/blinking andd turns into a phone and computer icon but the goes off, and this is the PC Suite for Nokia Phone, program that doesn't seem to want to see the phone.

As I said earlier, my ME machine connects and so does the PC Suite for Nokia Phone, but the Tomtom program that I want to install on my phone, says something about the system isn't compatible (which I guess is telling me that it will only work with Windows XP) and so I can't get the progam onto my phone on my XP machine because I can't get PC Suite for Nokia Phone to notice my phone.

HelPPPPPP.

PS, Thaks Laughing Out Loud
dhevans_6
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get further than I do with the XP bluetooth software then - mine just stays red!

I really can't think of anything else to suggest, apart from either emailing Nokia or buying a card reader, they're pretty cheap... Embarassed

Really sorry!

Diane
dhevans_6
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again, I've been having a few issues with connecting to it today, and I'm not sure whether having my profile on my phone set to 'Meeting' is doing it - sometimes it would connect as far as the green icon, but the Nokia PC Suite didn't want to know.

So I set my phone back to 'General' profile for the time I was connecting and it seemed to be OK.
I do have to reboot my PC occaisionally (it's a work one which is usually left on all the time) solely because of the software.....

Diane

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: