Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 5 Terrible Read on Stick to TT3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 5 Terrible Read on Stick to TT3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomtommad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 Terrible Read on Stick to TT3 Reply with quote

[color=red]tt3 worked fine just no decent postcode database and inaccurate maps, tomtom emailed me to say tt5 would be better and teleatlas peeps have been running round making maps more accurate. today we (the surgery) got 5 copies of tt5 (4 will be going on ebay as soon as) the road on which our sr surgery in darwen is on is not even listed on tt5 and the address is 5 years and 2 months old. The local BUPA hospital (and all other private hospitals) have been omitted from the
Quote:
newer
tt5 , even demolished hospitals are still there with a "phone number", naff, major hospitals such as St Marys next to Manchester Royal have been "deleted", outrageous, i have to say that tomtom did refer to the public as to how the new tt5 should be, yet omitted important landmarks like hospitals, embarrasing, today i had to find my way to BUPA Methley Park, tt3 displayed this yet tt5 has no record of it
Quote:
I HAD TO STOP MY CAR AND ASK THE WAY
I AM AWAITING A WONDERFUL RESPONSE FROM TOMTOM ABOUT THESE DELETIONS tt5 has a poi warner built in which is very poor, checkpoint is in my opinion great however will not run with tt5 on a machine using 2003se, you are stuck with ding ding if you need a poi sound i use this where the tt5 maps end and the A to Z book comes out,
why cant tomtom use ordinary people to betatest the products.
lets keep this link alive and report to tomtom any missing important poi's and yet more roads missing bingley bypass still not there i am surprised that the m6 toll is in, enough negs, forums are for voiceing our opinions and this is mine, any strange anomoly let us know on the forum, if people are using tt5 and are compiling pois then lets get them spread out, i could do with a complete hospital poi inc private hosps sign up to tomtom site and report missing bypasses and roads pois and other inaccuracies.

has anyone else come across yet more missing roads
another one Withington Hospital Nightingale Suite very large breast screening unit its actually on tt3 but omitted from tt5 the
list gets longer Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

how can BeBit give all these awards to a mapping system that is incomplete

Vectra
Green Lights
A-Z (2003) yet more accurate than tt5 Embarassed
Ipaq HX 2750
Generic Bluetooth
TT5 (yawn)
Checkpoint (useless with tt5)
512 sd card
More A-Z's
TT3 (will be loading this back on soon)
a load of TT5 sealed as the other GP's wont touch it refunds on the books
Houdini
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

PostForum: TomTom Navigator Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:07 pm Subject: TomTom Navigator 5 Terrible Read on Stick to TT3
newer tt5 , even demolished hospitals are still there with a "phone number", naff, major hospitals such as St Marys next to Manchester Royal have been "deleted", outrageous, i have to say that tomto ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic: TomTom3 on Ipaq will not work with ipaq thumb keyboard
tomtommad

PostForum: TomTom Navigator Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:12 pm Subject: Com 1 and Keyboard,
Excellent i have ordered a bluetooth receiver today and will post the results on the forum with the setup i am using

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic: Navigator 5
tomtommad
PostForum: TomTom Navigator Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:49 am Subject: Accuracy of Maps inc TT3 Other's
In the fleet of ambulances and Rapid Response Vehicles they use an extremely accurate mapping system, i will find out and post the type, these chaps need to get to addresses that exist and unlike tele ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomtommad

PostForum: TomTom Navigator Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:35 am Subject: Keyboard Com 1 Conflict
Hi, what about if I were to use a bluetooth receiver, are they on a different com port??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomtommad

PostForum: TomTom Navigator Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:41 am Subject: TomTom3 on Ipaq will not work with ipaq thumb keyboard
Yawn more probs
I have a few users with TT3 and the wired receiver uses com1.........The Ipaq keyboards and the thumb keyboard also use Com1 problem.............. no sat nav if you load the driver so ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic: Navigator 5
tomtommad

PostForum: TomTom Navigator Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:17 am Subject: Navigator 5
Crying or Very sad
yet another upgrade, sorry new platform,
i have had TT2 then TT3 every single variation on the TT upgrades and GPS drivers and still TomTom ask me to format SD card and reinstall Blah Blah. ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God good ... you don't seem to have a lot of luck with any version of Tomtom
proeliator2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road my wife works on was completely missing on TTN2 and on 5 it is just a little stump with un-named road on it now - so it's getting better Rolling Eyes

My main beefs are with the lack of speed customisation, the lack of adjustability (the size of the fonts on address/poi lookup is a joke - everything looks the bloody same as you can only read the first 15 or so letters) and the postcode still not working (waiting for a patch for that).
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proeliator2001 wrote:
...and the postcode still not working (waiting for a patch for that).

What, that was one of the big selling points and you say it doesn't work? What the hell have they been doing up til release day, playing cards?

I'm still disgusted that they think people don't want to order the icons on the properties page in a different way. Sheesh.

Mike
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proeliator2001 wrote:
...and the postcode still not working (waiting for a patch for that).

What, that was one of the big selling points and you say it doesn't work? What the hell have they been doing up til release day, playing cards?

I'm still disgusted that they think people don't want to order the icons on the properties page in a different way. Sheesh.

Mike
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for duplicate posts but this website has been a PITA all day - like treacle it's been and database seems to "lose satellite fix" a lot too Smile

Time to give the hamsters a kick I think guys ;)

Mike
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding (my copy isstill in UPS hell) is that people are not searching using postcode - they are using the address search, which like TT4 uses only the four 4 characters of the postcode - there is a seperate icon for the 6 digit postcode search.
vlak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned on another thread, I got full postcode working by copying the "zip" folder from the SD card to the root level of the PocketPC.

I know it's not documented and one would expect it to work out of the box, but I had a whole afternoon to kill and being the geek that I am, I just tried several things and finally got it working!
joni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....or as someone else kindly advised, add a dummy folder onto the SD card called "Tomtom"....the postcode file needs to see a Tomtom folder to work. Anyone who does not use a Tomtom Receiver may well have deleted the Tomtom gps function (on very old advice from therse forums) and this then appears to be the issue.....NOT trying to use postcode whgen searching an address Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: