Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5+
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsvdaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you do an monthly update do you delete the previous download off the smartcard or does it simply overwrite?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to use the same setup, you can just overwrite the old files.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
MikT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post here so don't bite.

Been surfing around here for a while now. Anyways, have taken the plunge and bought a Palm TX with TTN5 (which should be shown in my siggy below if i've set it up correctly).

Have just downloaded and set up the scameras.....erm....sorry....i mean road safety cameras as POI's, and wanted to say thanks to all at PocketGPS for the provision of this file. I will gladly be giving you my £19!

I used my card reader and copied the contents of the TTN5 card onto a new, blank SD card so that if i stuffed up it didn't matter. The good news is that i'm running my TTN5, with scamera locations, from my new card.

Thanks again
Paul

:D
vinniebod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wondered if anyone could help me here - loaded TT5 on a HP IPaq and later added speed camera's and the speed camera update/upload program, the later now causes TT5 to lock out after i experimented trying to add in a warning marker. It's appears to be trying to save data to the file, then freezing strange thing is if i tap like mad on the screen i can navigate around but as soon as i pause the program locks and I have to reset the PDA. Tried removing the program and renaming potential offending files as well as running the CAB's again thinking that that would reinstall and sort the problem. Running out of ideas...anyone?
martinr33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...can someone tell me how i load speedcamera positions onto my new mio 268+?
Also i see lots of discs for sale, loading things onto tomtom, like "actors voices" etc. can i change the settings on my mio?
Thanks very much! Rolling Eyes
matt_tee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i update poi's on the advent gps 400, using methods stated in this thread?

thanks, matt.
d3m0n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsvdaz wrote:
when you do an monthly update do you delete the previous download off the smartcard or does it simply overwrite?

What if I'm moving from the old-style update (Jan 06) to the new-style all-encompassing update with all the cameras in?

Do I delete the old OV2 and BMP files from my map folder and set all the alerts, etc up again?

Cheers
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Ref. Monthly Subscription Reply with quote

Two questions here, rather than start a new thread.
1. Monthly is calendar, or from the date you paid ?
2. Monthly will be updated when, on the 1st, 5th, 20th or when ?
prab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Error trying to set up autoconfigure with Poiedit Reply with quote

Hello i have downloaded poiedit v38. I did not find anwhere that says tomtom poi edit as there is only the poiedit program in the group.

I had to manually enter the www.pocketgpsworld.com site in autoupdate but when i click download it says "cannot downoad from www.pocketgpsworld.com" and the reason below is that "could not retrieve file-timefor the file on the server, probably this server is misconfigured....."

Anyone know how i can get this working so it will automatically update my IPAQ with the Pocketgpsworld.com database. I have the January databaase on the SD card already which seems to be working ok. Would like it to automatically update though. i have paid for my subscription for the year and received confirmation. How do i get the updates?

Many Thanks

Prab
prab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Where do i download the database for TTN 5 for Ipaq Reply with quote

Hello where do i download teh database for teh Tom Tom Navigator 5 for Ipaq. In the pocketgpsworld website it says a list of programs but Tom tom navigator 5 for IPAQ or pocket PC is not listed? Can anyone help? my other query is listed below.

Thanks

Prab

-----
Hello i have downloaded poiedit v38. I did not find anwhere that says tomtom poi edit as there is only the poiedit program in the group.

I had to manually enter the www.pocketgpsworld.com site in autoupdate but when i click download it says "cannot downoad from www.pocketgpsworld.com" and the reason below is that "could not retrieve file-timefor the file on the server, probably this server is misconfigured....."

Anyone know how i can get this working so it will automatically update my IPAQ with the Pocketgpsworld.com database. I have the January databaase on the SD card already which seems to be working ok. Would like it to automatically update though. i have paid for my subscription for the year and received confirmation. How do i get the updates?

Many Thanks

Prab
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I believe the new database is not yet compatible with POIEdit, this is due to the new subscription charges.
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
prab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I will wait. Any idea how i can downoad the Database manually as i can not see where to download it from. In the download page i cannot find the place to download for Tomtom navigator 5 for IPAQ or pocket PC. Can anyone send me the webpage or tell me which one to download?

Last time it was easy to find.

Thanks Prab
7272Andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the speed cameras link at the top of the page or Here

Select TomTom OV2 from the first drop down and the database you want from the second then click download
prab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will give it a go? Do i downoad the single file with all or separate files for each camera. i think i did separate ofr all type s of cameras last time?
7272Andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your needs as described on the dowload page;
if you just want to know when you have a camera near by use the single file.
if you want more info with regards to camera type use the consolidated set.
Finally if you want to know type and speed rating use the speed zoned set.

Just remember that as you use more detail you will use more POIs. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: