Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5+
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gazza44
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Missing Files Reply with quote

Hi
I've downloaded the speed camera database today and can't find the Specs, Redlight or Temporary files. They're not in the ov2 bmp file as suggested or the speed zoned.
Can someone please point mein the right direction (no pun intended)

Also, Im going to France next week does the "continental" references refer to speed cameras abroad and if so can anyone tell me how to load them for France.

Thanks
Garry
Gazza44
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Ooops Reply with quote

Hi
Ignore first bit about can't find files........found them!!!........ but the second bit about going to France would still be a help.
Thanks again
Garry
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing Files Reply with quote

Gazza44 wrote:
Also, Im going to France next week does the "continental" references refer to speed cameras abroad and if so can anyone tell me how to load them for France.

The continental cameras cover, I believe, more of the Benelux area.

There are a few places where you can download cameras for the continet.

Try http://www.gpsandco.com/ and have a look at this thread - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=138776

The cameras for France go into the France Map Folder.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
AC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: speed camera voices Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone can help. I used to have a voice which said , warning danger zone ahead , but am now unable to find it and do not know where I got it from , any help would be appreciated!
Dotty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: [b]Checkpoint 5 with Tom Tom 5[/b] Reply with quote

8) I have put the camera database on Tom Tom 5 but do I need to also put on checkpoint 5

Thanks
Dotty
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. You can use TT5 and let that handle the camera warnings for you.

Dotty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Checkpoint 5 with Tom Tom 5 Reply with quote

Laughing Hi Oldboy thanks for reply I will stay as I am then.

Cheers
Dotty
Phil666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek, I've got a tom tom problem.

I bought Tom Tom Navigator 5 a few days ago. I installed it to my Ipaq 1940 without a glitch and it was all working fine until I tried adding the speed camera stuff to it this afternoon.

I decided to use the single file version of the speed camera database and copied the pocketgps_uk_sc.bmp and pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2 files into the 'Great_Britain-Map folder' using an SD card reader.

When I put the card back into the pda TTN5 asked for the activation code again. I went back to www.ttcode.com and it gave me the same activation code I'd originally used. But TTN5 now keeps saying its the wrong code and I can't get it work anymore Confused

I did a back up of the software the day I bought it so I tried copying the original files onto a different SD card but even when I use that I still get the same problem.

Could anyone tell me what I did wrong and if there is a way to get it all working again ?

Cheers

Phil
Siddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I download the Aug speed cam list for TT5.

On overwriting the files in GB Maps why were some of the files dates 2004 have the wrong ones been included?

XDA2 - unlocked
TT5 GPS 3 bluetooth - fell out with itself week. relinked working ok.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where they the .bmp files? They are the only files I can see dated 2004.

If so, why create new ones each time?

apricot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Sound not changing from Moos and Bells Reply with quote

Hi.
did you ever solve the problem of hearing the original sounds after you've downloaded the new ones? Because im having the same problem

Thanks
Apricot

y0u5uf wrote:
Privateer wrote:
Hi jpfrost,

Have you used the correct data.chk file for your system?

Have you selected the same sound for every alert (as described in Step 6 of the above guide)?

Regards,

Hi there,
I'm new here. I have an Imate Jam and running TT5 Navigator on it.
I've downloaded the 4890_new.data.chk, which corresponds with my version of TT, deleted the old data.chk uploaded the new one to the tomtom subdirectory on my sd card. Soft reset my Imate Jam.

I'm awaiting the Bluetooth receiver and playing around with it in the meanwhile. I cannot change the warnings messages.
I cannot find anymore .CHK files anywhere but in the voices folder and the tomtom folder. I've replaced the one in the tomtom folder and renamed it to data.chk as instructed. But it's still picking up the original sounds from somewhere.
I have managed to add the Yoda and Darth Voices, but the warnings are not working.
Any ideas? would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Y.
Martin-999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Cannot activate TT5 Reply with quote

When you first connected your Ipaq to your laptop / pc it was allocated a name (Usually the default is Pocket_PC) or you can name it yourself.

Make sure that when you connected via active-sync that the user dteails reflect this as the TT software will only be allocated to a single device.

Once you have reset the name to the original, and entered your device name (2 groups of 5 letters) TT will work fine.

(I had the same problem when I upgraded from a 4150 to the 4700)
CoPilot
LesB032
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Installing Cameras on TT5 Reply with quote

Thanks Privateer, I am up and running. I hadn't unzipped the file.
LesB032
teslatank00
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello there guys, first of all thanks for a fantastic website and forum about everything under the sun for sat nav. exellent job and thanx again to you all.

I have the tom tom ver 5 on my hp2210, i wanted to change the stupid bells, bleeps and cow thingys. so i down loaded the data.chk, and installed it which works fine. thing is i noticed the guy who came up with it was ghostwheel ? and he had something called a viftool that he made, i went to the link but its all foriegn language, so can you give me the ins and out how to make up my own voices and get them into the data.chk file please and any tools and links (in english) that i my need. thanks again all.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teslatank00 - I answered your query with your other posting.

Try not to double post. Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: