Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5+
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7272Andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect to warnings, I set mine to 30 seconds for each speed category using this table

Mph - 30s - 20s - 15s - 10secs

80 - 1173- 782 - 587 - 391 yards
70 - 1026- 684 - 513 - 342
60 - 879 - 586 - 440 - 293
50 - 732 - 488 - 366 - 244
40 - 588 - 392 - 294 - 196
30 - 441 - 294 - 221 - 147
20 - 294 - 196 - 147 - 98

Taken from this thread . though the point is well made for mobiles

Andy
wurlitzerwilly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WurliTzerwilly"]I was told by my friend who lives in Florida that it is illegal for the authorities to operate speed cameras anywhere in the USA. Of course that doesn't stop them from using "hair dryers" and chasing you in patrol cars![/quote]
jakerobinson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote]it is illegal for the authorities to operate speed cameras anywhere in the USA.[/quote] - Not true... there are several states using static speed cameras and mobile van units... it's just not as popular yet as the UK tends to be closer to '1984' with speed cameras and cctv... george orwell would be proud... I have read news stories of states testing speed cameras.. just google it and you'll see... Keep in mind, the UK has 1/5 the population of the US in the size of one of our medium size state! Having a perverse number of cameras is therefore much easier to 'saturate' the roadways with more and more cameras... I hope we (US) never catches up!

a side not: I saw a really cool site in the US on how to fight speeding tickets and a lot had to do with technicalities of paperwork etc - looked very feasible - just wonder if similar tatics would work in the states

http://www.trafficticketsecrets.com/ has tons of actual content that shows practical step by step and I was astounded by how reasonable and practical it would be to beat a speeding ticket - there are tons of sites - but this one is not just a commercial to buy a book (he does have one of course) but he also gives you real examples to follow...

maybe some of these strats could be used here in the UK?

cheers, Jake
brianlizgemjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: I cannot fing the Great Britain map on my pocket PC Reply with quote

I have all the POIs in a folder on my PC. I cannot locate the map on my Pocket PC so that I can post them in.
I dont think the SD card is locked as active sync works with my emails etc.
TomtomNav 5 is working OK so the map must be there somewhere
Where is it?
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Active Sync....Explore....Double Click Mobile icon....Storage Card, and it should be there.
brianlizgemjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: No SD Card Reply with quote

Active Sync - Explore brings up the following list of items
My Pocket PC, then a list of folders Business, CheckPOInt Files, ictionaries, My Music, My Pictures, Pesonal, Templates and Tom Tom

Double Clicking 'My Pocket PC' brings up another list of files: Databases, Application Data, ConnMgr, IPAQ File Store, My Documents, Profiles, Program Files, Temp, Tom Tom and Windows.

Is this actually my SD card? If so where do I find the map so I can paste the POI files.
If not any other suggestions how to access the SD card

Thanks
Cupra-Matt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooders wrote:
Silversurfer, one reason could be is that the sd card is locked and therefore no data can be written to it or deleted from it.

which is locked? up or down when the cut corner is to the top.

have tied setting my alerts with the little slide clip in both positions and whenever i close tomtom it loses settings.

also whenever I leave the tomtom prog running once i reach my destination I have to perform a soft reset to reboot tomtom. Which makes the itenary idea useless. When i bought the damn thing I was hoping to be able to set all 8 or so destinations for the day and just drive between them but it will not let me. I have to exit application then put my pda into standby mode.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having had a read of some of your other posts you appear to be having a number pf problems.
The locked position on the SD card is with the switch DOWN relative to the corner with the chamfer at the top right.

Are you still getting Red squares instead of the correct icons appearing?
If so please make sure that each POI file you have loaded to the device comprises of two files they both must have identical file names, only the file extensions will differ one will be a bmp file (the icon image) and the .ov2 file which contains the psitional data.

Does the device still loose all its settings, home location and camera warning set-up?
If its not the SD Card lock switch, then have a look for the file Great_Britain-Map.cfg, it will be in the GB map folder on the SD card you will need to copy this file to the PC then right click it and select "Properties" if the file is set to "Read Only" uncheck the box, then copy the file back to the GB Map folder on the SD card.

New set-up your warnings and home location etc and it shouldn't loose the set-up.
Mike
Cupra-Matt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.

have sorted the red squares, and will try the other stuff when I next bring my pda out of my van.
Was nearly time to get rid, sick of the resetting.

Thanks again.
Cupra-Matt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still having snags, sick of this thing now. Grrrr Gun Shoot Out Pistol Shoot Out Stop it! Burn In Hell Stop! Censored

Have changed from read only, still not storing after exiting application. Think it is heading for e-bay in all honesty.

Do I need to change settings on exit to allow me to save the changes i have made???????
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to copy the file back to the SD card in its modified state (i.e. not read only) this will overwrite the original settings, then the device should behave, if you have only changed the properties of this file on the PC then the PDA will know little diference.

One other thought, when you exit the TomTom application do you do this via the Exit button within the program? - if not this could be the cause of you problems - Mike
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
One other thought, when you exit the TomTom application do you do this via the Exit button within the program? - if not this could be the cause of you problems - Mike
My procedure is to use the Exit button & then wait for the Bluetooth connection to drop before switching off my iPaq.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Cupra-Matt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: thought i had cracked it, Reply with quote

thought I had cracked it but, lost all poi alarms again. exit the application via the in program button very time.
It has been a bit more stable with respect to the program being left withoutswitching off.
JoelAlderman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: What about camera changes? Reply with quote

I have just read your instructions on installing onto TOM TOM Moblie 5 and was wondering, if you place all the individual POI files into the map then how do you deal with temp cameras that move/change?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What about camera changes? Reply with quote

Hi JoelAlderman,

JoelAlderman wrote:
how do you deal with temp cameras that move/change?

The name of the POI file for each category is a constant. When you download and install the current version of the database you overwrite the previous files with the same name.

Any updates in the Temp camera database (and all other categories) will be immediate once you have loaded the current database.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 9 of 18

Jump to: