Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 & other bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 & other bluetooth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Fix Reply with quote

jimbobaggins, even though the key says 0, open it and make sure it says 0. I just experienced it saying 0 but opened the key and it was set to 1.

Hope this helps.
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 2 days of trying everything under the sun to get TT5 on my Ipaq 2210 to recognize the BT338 GPS Receiver I have had to throw in the towel. I'm back to TT3 (thank Gawd for Sprite Backup) As soon as I started TT3 and the GPS receiver I had 7 satellites within seconds. However I am far from happy. I was so looking forward to using the upgrade and am now back where I started. And 69 euros down the Swanny. Hopefully a solution will be found soon.
HielandLad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2210 and a BT 338. I could not get the GPS to be recognised using "other bluetooth" and so using advice here I used "other wired.." At first I though that this was not working. However, luckily I had a little patience, as after what seemed a long wait after choosing BT port 8 the windows CE bluetooth manager strated and asked me to choose the receiver. Now about 4-5 seconds after starting TT5 each time the bluetooth connection manager in windows starts basically asking me which device to connect to. After I choose the BT 338 it sticks on the bluetooth manager screen. I have to tap the screen to get rid of it.

TT5 works perfectly, although I do get a "not valid GPS signal" appearing in the info bar. This does not affect performance.

Someone has sugested getting rid of the TT GPS manager. I have not done this as I have no idea what it does or how important it is. But it seems strange that TT is using the CE BT stack. As a CP5 user, which used its own BT stack - and gave mne GPS reciever connection in less than a second - this all seems rather clunky!
JST
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an iPAQ 3870 and a BT-388 and have to go through excatly the same connect process (including taping on the bluetooth manager screen to get rid of it).

I don't get the "not valid GPS signal" appearing in the info bar - unless the BT-338 loses its lock of course.

I have removed the TT GPS manager and it hasn't made any difference(that I can see).

I would be interested to know if your bluetooth connection drops out after 20+ minutes though.

Jim
HielandLad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done any really long runs yet as I just received it Friday. However, it certainly lasts longer than 20 mins without a problem. Longest run so far about 35 mins.

I did have one occassion where TT5 was running and then the 2210 did a soft reset all on its own. Started up fine again afterwards.
Quantum
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Info Requested Reply with quote

lucho wrote:
Navigator 2004 MAPS for TTN5

Thanks!
JST
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HielandLad,

The lock-out timing seems to be variable, ranging from 20m to 60m (taken from a small sample of 4). It also seems to only happen when there is a lot of map activity - I left it stationary for 4 hours last night with no problems.

I was surprised when it also happened to VisualGPSce yesterday, after about 90min. On resetting the Bluetooth I got a "Insufficient memory to initialise Bluetooth Driver - do a soft reset" message. Looks like a memory leak in the driver to me.

I was interested to note that socomwet had a similar failure after 20mins a few reply's back - though on v3.07

Anyway, as a control test, my plan is to revert to v3.07 to see if it hangs in there or fails.

If you could keep an eye out on some longer trips I would be interested if you see a problem.

Thanks, Jim
jimeng
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: setting bt as wired Reply with quote

ok if you look among the first few posts of this you will see how I got mine to work using ipaq 5550 and fortuna gps ive now been using TTN5 via this method for a week covering 1100+ miles and 17 different destinations all worked perfect even 7 digit postcodes and various route option so dont give up it does work Laughing
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get my 4700 to even see my Rikaline Bluetooth receiver. I can connect manually but TTN 5 doesnt see it. I might ask for a refund because we shoukd not have such problems.
donka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHC wrote:
I can't get my 4700 to even see my Rikaline Bluetooth receiver. I can connect manually but TTN 5 doesnt see it. I might ask for a refund because we shoukd not have such problems.

I'm in the same boat. My GlobalSat BT receiver is paired with my h4150 and I can connect this through the BT manager without any problems - my inbound BT serial port is configured as Com port 8 although this is greyed out so I cannot change it. My problem is no matter what I do I cannot get TTN5 to recognise my GPS - I have tried other Bluetooth and Other wired, different baud rates and of course the BT Serial Port 8. Is there any knack to doing this as it is driving me crazy?
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have posted on every thread about this!
I've tried everyone's suugestions about trying to get my ipaq 4700 and rikaline bluetooth to work. My registry entry is allready set to "0"
Any one else found a soloution?
ron-torbay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following, is a letter I sent to TOMTOM tech. Support

Quote:
I have tried to connect my Navman 4100 bluetooth GPS receiver, and Ipaq 2210 using the options in TOM TOM setup.
The choices I have are as follows:

1) TomTom Wireless GPS........not selected
2)TomTom Cable GPS............not Selected
3) Other Cable NMEA GPS.......not Selected
4) Other Bluetooth GPS.........Selected

The Bluetooth Serial Outgoing Port is 8.....selected

The device shows NO GPS DEVICE.

I have manually connected my GPS through Bluetooth Manager, and the signal is good.

SOOOO....I trawled all the forums I could find, to see if anyone else was having the same or similar problem....and, guess what? EVERYBODY who has a device other than that supplied with the the software has exactly the same problem.
I purchased the Software only option, as I already have a GPS receiver, and am not only disappointed that it doesn't work, I am absolutely disgusted, that you have not (obviously) tried the software with devices other than those listed in the application.

I don't expect a fix for the problem any day soon. as I have also read of your appalling technical support, so don't expect a reply to this e-mail either.

I refer you to this web forum,

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21678&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

to show what I mean and I think you would do well to post a note to the forum, explaining either how to fix it, or why you have not made a patch available.

I shall be demanding a refund from my supplier.

Here is the reply from TOM TOM...............:-

Quote:
Dear ,

Thank you for your question regarding TomTom. May we suggest that youu choose the option"Other Cable NMEA GPS" Then choose the baudrate 4800 and the correct Bluetooth COM port for your device (e.g. Bluetooth Serial Port COM 8 for iPAQ 2210). Check the GPS settings sheet for the right COM port settings.

If it does not show the full name of the COM port, but only "Bluetooth Serial Port CO.." then you have to TAP & HOLD the pen on one of the options to see the full name. Once you have found the correct one, release the pen to select this option.

We are creating an FAQ for it and Development is working on this problem.

With best regards,

[/quote]
Drewzel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have done the same thing today regarding the change in the registry from 1 to zero. The bluetooth auto connection and disconnection worked superbly without the need to tap on the "bluetooth console". Additionally TT5 turned the bluetooth on and then off on exciting the programme. Not only that, but I managed also to configure it under "other Bluetooth receiver" as opposed to "other wired receiver".

Great, I thought, going to work this morning using it to test it out it worked perfectly......then tonight I have had constant greying out of the Nav screen ....indicating no GPS signal found. This only happened when I was actually driving....while stationary the connection seemed really solid. Any ideas.....I have turned off all POI's etc etc thinking it might be a processor overload issue but to no avail.

Ipaq h2210, Globalsat bt338, TT5.

I will revert back to the "1" setting in the registry tomorrow and see if that solves the problem...despite then having to manually turn on bluetooth and use the connection manager to select the device. This is really frustrating....when its working it seems a really excellent product...but I cant help feeling that somewhere there is something wrong with the implementation of bluetooth!

Once again......anyone with any thoughts??

Regards,

Andrew
johnwx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running XDA2i ClipOn BT GPS and TT5
I had the BT running on other wired devices and was having to go thriough BT manager each time to connect to BT then open TT5........bored!
What a great fix the reg edit is reset mine to 0 no other changes. still set as other wired device turn BT device on and enable BT on the XDA2i. Start TT5 an hey presto starts TT5 and connects to BT well done forum its a shame TomTom are not as clever as the members of the forum.
Perhaps they should pre release to snr members to test! :P
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you connect using cable etc and every think is ok go back and change it to other bt gps and it will work fine...no need to start and connect bt gps just the keybord issue thats my problem xda2s

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: