Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Main Roads of Europe - how's the coverage of Ireland?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Main Roads of Europe - how's the coverage of Ireland?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Main Roads of Europe - how's the coverage of Ireland? Reply with quote

Well I'd love it if there was a proper map of the Republic of Ireland but there's not. I would consider getting the updated UK map if it included some usable coverage of Ireland among the main roads of europe. Anyone got any opinions?
Thanks. Smile
Jonboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a real bone of contention with me!

In a word the coverage of the Republic of Ireland on the TomTom is horrendous. Sad You dont get any coverage on the Go 300, the 500 you get major roads of Europe. And the 700 you get all the maps you want (more or less!), but the coverage of the Republic is minimal, ie, Dublin, Cork, Galway, with a few, and i mean few, other little towns listed.

I do a lot of travelling in the U.K, and travel to the Republic say once maybe twice a year, its not really worth buying a 700, as i dont drive on the continent. I have placed on order a 500 however, with the hope that they might improve the Republic of Ireland situation at a not too distant date, and hopefully release a seperate upgrade card of this country.

As i have said in earlier posts, it never ceases to amaze me how Tele Atlas, can map other countries down to street level, ie, France, Belguim, Holland, etc, but they can't do a small country like the Republic. It reallly is shamefull!!
Boost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks fpr the heads up Sad We're a bit stuck then for now.

Perhaps they don't cover Ireland because of the small population and hence less people to sell the maps to. That said it must be one of the most popular destinations with europeans on driving holidays and also a sod to find your way around sometimes. Perhaps some of the roads I have seen are hard to convey on a map - lots of random lanes appearing and merging back together at an inappropriate moment. Go round a corner and suddenly your going wrong way down a on way street without warning etc. Laughing Out Loud :D Still they could include some of the large pot holes as POI's, that would be useful Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: