Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A rip-off retailer of many names.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A rip-off retailer of many names.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Really Reply with quote

Take a look at the other topics about this company Twisted Evil , plenty of replied emails inserted Exclamation .

Try buying something from them and then complain Crying or Very sad

We won it 5 times, We won it 5 times.
In Istanbul, We won it 5 times.

Football Capital of the World.
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Come clean Reply with quote

Just a thought...Why doesn't this so called legitimate company Twisted Evil come clean and post ALL the names they trade under??? COME ON PDAMODS Twisted Evil We Know your reading this!!! Then we may choose not to buy from them!!!

biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
biker1 wrote:
Sorry Embarassed ...I meant Darren...in a rush yesterday.
So, let me get this straight. The people who use this/these forum(s) supply the updates and pocketgps then sell retail licenses to companies 8O . Who can then sell them on...Hmmmmm!!!

Previously you said the situation regarding PDAMODS was going to be looked at...When???

The retailer licence allows them to pre-install the database on hardware, it does NOT allow them to re-sell it.

We are constantly monitoring the situation but without evidence of wrong doing or malpractice (and 3rd party complaints whilst they may be valid are not evidence) we cannot do anything.

Darren, why do they advertise the database as exclusive to PDAMODS Twisted Evil ???http://www.pdamods.com/categories.asp?cat=90

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry Reply with quote

biker1 wrote:
Darren, why do they advertise the database as exclusive to PDAMODS Twisted Evil ???http://www.pdamods.com/categories.asp?cat=90

I don't see such a statement on the link you provided?
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I don't see such a statement on the link you provided?

That was the link I copied...seems to take you to another page though.

Click on their advert...TT Nav 5...Includes free speed camera warning exclusive to PDAMODS Twisted Evil

Blatant false advertising!!!

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes I see it now. I'll raise this issue with them.
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Issue Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother mate Wink ...It'll be your fault because you don't know how to use it 8O :D :D

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue Reply with quote

biker1 wrote:
I wouldn't bother mate Wink ...It'll be your fault because you don't know how to use it 8O :D :D

Hey at the moment we're guilty of everything so one more won't make a difference Wink
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Out of here

stf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: nato = no action, talk only Reply with quote

I was just about to but something from PDAMODS, but fortunately, I came across the forums here first. Among the deluge of negative feedback, there are a couple of surprisingly positive posts:

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32773

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28625

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=31774

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32571

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=30955

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=30894 <- even taking a jab at handnav!

All by users who have just one post (like me, ironically enough - I'm sure some pdamods poster will come along to attack me - and I couldn't care less!) Do PDAMODS believe people are so naive as to believe that PDAMODS haven't just added these positive feedback threads themselves? How exactly can the mods allow this to happen?!

I'm sure a mod could check the ip addresses the posts have come from, but given that they sponsor the site, I suspect this will be unlikely... Rolling Eyes

Furthermore, as a solicitor from a Magic Circle law firm, I can assure you that not advertising a particular retailer is not against any form of competition law/supposed "restriction of trade" in the UK. I would even be willing to provide pro bono legal support to the people who run this site, should PDAMODS attempt legal action, should their adverts be removed.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: nato = no action, talk only Reply with quote

stf wrote:
I'm sure a mod could check the ip addresses the posts have come from, but given that they sponsor the site, I suspect this will be unlikely... Rolling Eyes

Furthermore, as a solicitor from a Magic Circle law firm, I can assure you that not advertising a particular retailer is not against any form of competition law/supposed "restriction of trade" in the UK. I would even be willing to provide pro bono legal support to the people who run this site, should PDAMODS attempt legal action, should their adverts be removed.

I can assure you that checking the source IP Addresses and ISP's was one of the first things I did and there were no matches.

However the information in regard of accepting adverts is interesting and welcomed Smile
stf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for not replying sooner.

1) Is this site (pocketgps) owned by a company or individual(s )?

2) I presume companies pay you on a per-click basis - it's up to you to decide who you choose to advertise. Furthermore, you happen to have 3 PDAMODS adverts as opposed to 1 for every other company on your site. In what way do you believe that not advertising PDAMODS is a "restriction of trade"? (a term normally used in international trade!)

3) I presume no other company would be paying you *not* to advertise PDAMODS, and that if you choose to no longer advertise them, that it would be the decision of the owner of pocketgps.

4) What do you consider the burden of proof to be that the PDAMODS customer service is insufficient? Or rather, what would you want to see from users, apart from their complaints on the forum (which I presume you set up for this very purpose - ironic that PDAMODS is still being advertised) From the posts I've read, there is certainly very good grounds for people to complain to Trading Standards, and in some cases go to a small claims court. I would say that the numerous different trading names may be for tax purposes (legal or not, I cannot say. That would be for the wonderful people at the Inland Revenue)

5) Have you (Derren) had any experience dealing with PDAMODS, in particular their customer service?

In terms of giving legal advice, it's difficult to be specific in terms of a defence, when I can see no obvious legal grounds on which they can open a civil case against you.
stf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thought - "We are however reviewing our procedures as there does appear to be an unusual amount of complaints against this one retailer." - could you explain what procedures you are reviewing?
ecp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a starting point, why not place a big warning message above the sponsor ads recommending that visitors should do a search for forum reviews about a particular retailer before visiting their web site.

Retailers should not have a problem with this if they have nothing to hide, and visitors at least would be made aware that there are possibly reviews about the retailer on the site to help them decide prior to a purchase.
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Issue? Reply with quote

Nearly a week now Darren Rolling Eyes , have you taken "the issue" up with them? 8O

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: