Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Belgian French user of TomTom in Bruxelles, I'd like TomTom to release "back" the Belgium map in French version.
for the moment, we don't have the choice anymore in loading the "French" or "Dutch" BENELUX map, like it was possible previously, and there for all the streets are appearing in Dutch on the screen in Bruxelles !!!
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm I forgto something that could be usefull ...

Last time, I've entered in my Favorites an address of someone I had to visit a few days later (City, street, house number).

2 Days later, I jusrt asked to "Navigate to" my favorite, but once arrived, TOMTOM said "You are arrived" ... but no way to know which house it was ...

I mean I had a couple of houses in front of me without knowing the exact locarion.

To resume, would be nice to display in some way the complete information of the destination you entered (City, Street, house number).

Actually, once a destination is reached, you can't display the house number, I think ...
AdrianFox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I'd like to see:

1) Reverse last route/go back to start; i.e. go back the way you just came. Sometimes it takes you back a completely different way back on a round trip.

2) Ability to control spoken instructions independantly of other sounds. I always switch on TT even when I know where I'm going just to get the audible POI warnings, see how long of the journey is left, remind me when to exit the motorway etc. But in this situation I don't want to hear the spoken instructions.

3) Be nice to display the altitude. This could be a configurable display option and hidden away on the Sattelite/GPS information screen.

4)Safety warnings. If you're approaching a road junction or roundabout too quickly, it could warn you to slow down! especially useful when travelling at night.

5)Option to automatically switch to night display mode

6) Choice between shortest/fastest route should "analogue" not binary!
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdrianFox wrote:
Here's what I'd like to see:
2) Ability to control spoken instructions independantly of other sounds. I always switch on TT even when I know where I'm going just to get the audible POI warnings, see how long of the journey is left, remind me when to exit the motorway etc. But in this situation I don't want to hear the spoken instructions.

Have a look at this
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdrianFox wrote:

3) Be nice to display the altitude. This could be a configurable display option and hidden away on the Sattelite/GPS information screen.

Is this so Tomtom can tell whether I'm on the M4 elevated section or the A4 underneath it? Smile
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above especially the brightness thing.

I would like a Bluetooth wide angle mini cam that I can fix in the back window of my caravan and use it as a reversing cam! Out of here
stix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably as a separate application... a map editing suite for adding POIs, correcting errors such as junctions which are now "no right turn", one-way streets or whatever.

I know there is no chance whatsoever of this ever happening, but well... you did ask!
phantomlynx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be able to browse the map, and have the cursor automatically start were I am.

Also easier route planning by pointing at the map (useful if you know the route yuo want but not the name ofthe roads or towns)

More reliablity in finding road names if you haven't got the post code

The ability to stop programing the destination details at wahtever level you know them (eg. just eh town name, or just the road name) without having to go to the next screens
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomlynx wrote:
I'd like to be able to browse the map, and have the cursor automatically start were I am.

In Browse Map just tap the Compass Point at the top of the screen. Assuming you're not indoors without a Sat Lock.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of this is already possible one has been covered

phantomlynx wrote:
Also easier route planning by pointing at the map (useful if you know the route yuo want but not the name ofthe roads or towns)

Either go to browse map then put the cursor where you want to go then click the icon at the botom which looks like the cursor then click navigate there.
Or go to navigate to then point on map.

phantomlynx wrote:
The ability to stop programing the destination details at wahtever level you know them (eg. just eh town name, or just the road name) without having to go to the next screens

You can navigate to a town center without knowing a street.
peterj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* An option to log NMEA-data for later retrieval on the PC.

This will allow you to load it in any NMEA compitable software e.g autoroute(?) to see where you wen't etc or software for track and performance analysis like OakGPS.
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason for the limit on 40 extra POIs? if not this limit could be removed or raised.

It would also be good to have more warning sounds so we could make warnings for all the different speed cameras instead of just some of them with space left for normal warning sounds incase you want alerting to something else.

I also agree with everyone else a one tap way of adding a location as POI whilst in navigation. If they keep the remote this could be done on that. (although for all I know it already is.)
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Some kind of map editing software. Obviously the complexity of this might limit the functionality, but a good start would be the ability to make Roadblocks permanent, rather than lose them every time the TT is switched off would allow No Through Roads, etc to be added.

2. A facility to enhance the Traffic option, by transmitting current/recent location and speed back through GPRS (rather than just receiving information about current delays). This data could then be analysed, allowing more accurate traffic information to be made available. You would need recent signals from more than one TT to make the information valid (how do you know whether someone is in a queue or just parked by the roadside?), but I'm sure this could be overcome.
Jonboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coverage of Ireland would be nice! Embarassed
mokkawokka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just two things would do for me which have been mentioned before:

- Ability to turn off the voice directions without turning the volume off totally (so you can still be aerted to POI's).

-Ability to record the position of a new POI as you drive past, in a more user friendly way than you can now, with less 'taps'.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: