Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrrrr..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
jaquekayak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Tom Tom One only seems to store/display 38 3rd Party POI Categories. Please can we have the ability to store an unlimited number of POI categories. We can always upgrade our SD cards if necessary.

From other Threads it seems most other tt users have the same limit. I wrote to Tom Tom and they said the limit is 96. Assuming 43 of those are the as shipped POIs what happened to the other 15 .

This would would mean we don't have to combine categories into one to fit them on.

So unlimited POIs please!!
CRH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving home to London from Leeds yesterday there were advance notices of hold ups southbound between junctions 28 to 26 and I think 10 to 8. I could not see an easy way to deal with this so I parked in a service area so that I could look at a real map and set waypoints that would take me off the M1 before the problems and back on after. Maybe I have missed something but this is tedious, especially as junction numbers are not shown on the map.

So my wish is that the Find Alternative Menu allowed you to Avoid next x Motorway junctions so that at say junction 29 1 could tell it to avoid the next 4 exits. The avoid roadblock only covers 3 miles which is OK on normal roads but not Motorways.
monsta45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: 6 Reply with quote

it may have been said elsewhere in this thread but how about a better bluetooth connection? class 2 instead of 1.3 then there would be no probs with the new phones on the market Question
benering
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Wishlist Reply with quote

Just a few Items I'd like to see in the v6 update:

- PC interface for setting up itineraries, favorites, POI's etc. I know this can be done in a roundabout sort of fashion, but is not easily implemented.

- Voice recognition. It would be great to be able to tell TT to dial a phone number or contact, reroute without needing to stop the car (or wreck it!), find a POI (gas station, restaraunt, hotel). A hands free interface to TT would be ideal.

example:

User: Tom Tom
TT: How can I help you?
User: Route to home.
TT: I will route to home. What type of route?
User: Fastest.
TT: Calculating route.

- Ability for TT to learn routes. Could be set as a menu choice such as 'learn route' and TT keeps track of roads traveled and turns taken. It would then save that route as a favorite route.

- Updated maps!

- Ability to import contacts (phone numbers and addresses) into TT (independent of BT, maybe via Outlook or .csv) and save to TT for phone and routing purposes.

- A "reverse route" function to take you back the way you just came.

- Altitude added to the display.

- Breadcrumb function.
PIECJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me id like to be able input say 20 different destinations and for TTg500 to then map me the shortest/quickeest route from where i am to all of them Smile

be so much more helpful when delivering in the day Smile

more favourites as i ran out Sad

low bridges and cameras std feature
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like the ability to connect a bluetooth headset to my TT, to enable me to listen to directions without the speech etc being broadcast to my passengers.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when TomTom will release their next set up upgrades, i.e. to TomTom 6???

Wasn't it around this time last year the Go 300/500/700 came out??

Are there any links to pages regarding this???
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Darren's teaser on another thread v6 is only about a week away.

Darren wrote:

Quote:
Well lets say it's not v5 Wink

Ex. owner TomTom One v.5.420 Map UK v.605
Ex. owner Garmin i3 v.2.7 Map UK V.7
mrzipy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lydiachris wrote:
Does anyone know when TomTom will release their next set up upgrades, i.e. to TomTom 6???

Wasn't it around this time last year the Go 300/500/700 came out??

Are there any links to pages regarding this???

Yes here - TomTom FAQ quoted below!

http://www.tomtom.com/support/product.php?ID=183&Language=1&FID=3555

Quote:
TomTom Map Updates
Last year we offered our TomTom GO, NAVIGATOR and MOBILE customers the opportunity to benefit from the Update Programme. From April/May until November 2005 many of our TomTom product owners upgraded to the newest application version and new street level maps.

Introducing a new map update program. Starting in the second quarter of 2006, existing TomTom customers will be able to purchase the latest maps at a discount. Each map package also includes free updates to the TomTom software.

TomTom will inform all registered customers via the monthly newsletter when the map update program starts. To receive your notification, register via our website and sign up for your copy of the newsletter. Register here for the TomTom Newsletter.

We recommend that you register on our website and sign up for our newsletter. By this means we can directly inform you about our next releases and updates.
Read also: Free updates, Map downloads
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with the looming upgrade in the next quarter, be it V.6 or something along the lines of the new GO range, will all of our aditional software still work ok? Eg. SafetyCameras, POI Capture etc....

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameras are not software, just a POI collection so they should be OK.
As neither POI capture or Ray's POI extended warnings still work (without re-writing) on the change from 5.42 to 5.44, then I very much doubt that anything else (except maybe Custom Menus) will work on the change to v6 either.
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy,

I understand about the cameras now.....

If the other two items aren't going to work, I may have to hold back on my upgrade then (as and when it happens) as these are two very useful features to me....

Tx again

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom are constantly changing the way how the touchscreen and display work (switching axes and co-ordinate roots) so we definitely will have to recompile any programs with a UI. Shell script based programs will not be affected.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
smstextaddict
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I would like to see on V6

The maps properly updated, a road near me thats been closed for over 10 years is still a main road and lorry drivers with tomtoms get regularly stuck down there (similar to the crackpot incident). Ive also seen tomtom try to direct me down footpaths that it beleives are roads but you can barely walk down.

Postcode option on first page, with an option to tell tomtom that for today you will be in say AB1 postcode area and after that you only need to enter say 3CB and 8AA etc part of the postcode instead of having to type out all of the postcode.

A better storing system of poi, say a single button press, then later on you can go back to it and actually catagorise it etc.

An option to warn you when you are going over a set speed near a poi (like garmin street pilot).

An option to teach tomtom a route and tell it which roads to avoid that could be uploaded to tomtom for them to make the future maps more accurate and an option then to download the changes. Also your local knowledge of roads could improve tomtoms planning for others if you tell it that blogg street is a congested street compared to smiths way running paralell to it.

A routing option where you can enter in all your stops for that day and tomtom will route you the quickest route round.

An option that if you are in a jam you press one button on the traffic section of tomtom and it informs others with the traffic on nearby they are coming into a jam that hasnt yet come up on the system.

Automatic change of screen color from night to day by sunset times.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: