Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems synchronising overlays with CheckPOInt 3.2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems synchronising overlays with CheckPOInt 3.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drift3r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Problems synchronising overlays with CheckPOInt 3.2 Reply with quote

Hello,

I currently have Checkpoint 3.2 installed on my iPaq 2210. I also registered with POIPlace so that I could download updates using the synchronize option after entering my logon details into the program.

I launch CheckPOInt and select the icon in the system tray to select "Synchronize". In the drop-down menu I chose "United-Kingdom" and then press "Refresh". This successfully connects to the POIPlace website and downloads the list of overlays.

The problem I'm having is when I press "Synchronise" - no matter which overlay is selected (Speed Camera 30 as an example), I get "An unknown error occured".

It seems to be able to log on ok because the message "Logging on to the POIPlace website" appears, it's when the "Downloading overlay '<any overlay name>'" message start does the unknown error occur.

I've looked at the FAQ and ensured cookies are enabled in IE, but this made no difference.

Hope someone is able to help!

Cheers.
gbh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drift3r,
If you have just "upgraded" to tt5, then maps are in different folder.
Rename folder as "Great_Britain navigator Map" & you should be able to sync with 3.2
drift3r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gbh for your reply,

Unfortunately renaming the folder didn't work. I do indeed have TTN5 and I store the maps on the root of my SD card.

What you are saying makes sense though because the program manages to at least log onto POIPlace and start to download the file, but then errors when trying to save... (I think)

Strange though because I renamed the map folder to exactly what you suggested and it made no difference.
drift3r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed the 'TTN5 and CheckPOInt' thread where it says they don't work together, which explains things! (Maybe)
gbh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drif3r,

Indeed Checkpoint 3.2 & TT5 do not work together, however, they do work apart.

I had TT3 & Ck3.2 on & installed TT5 over the top.
Having started TT5 I got all my favourite automatically transferred over, but CK3.2 sync stopped working with the same "unexpected error".
Since I still had the original TT3 map directory on the SD card, I copied all POI files from ther to new TT5 directory - still no joy.
I then removed TT3 directory & renamed TT5 one & lo & behold sync began working.
However I lost my favourites, but had less than 20 anyway.

Still using CK3.2 to sync, even though program does not work with TT5.
meo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drift3r
i have question for you if you dont mind??
i cant get or should i say i dont know how to get a securtiy code on the synchronization settings can you help

cheers meo

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: