Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why doesn't anyone from TOMTOM respond?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why doesn't anyone from TOMTOM respond?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Why doesn't anyone from TOMTOM respond? Reply with quote

We know that the guys from TOMTOM read these forums.
Why doesn't anyone from the company respond to any of the current issues like unhappy customers who felt they have been ripped off by the new map upgrade and the full postcode search not being available on version 5 without purchasing the new maps?
All is silent from TOMTOM. Do you think they are discussing whether to give us our money back for the map upgrades we purchased?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they don't want to get into a direct line slagging match.'Exclamation'

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
TTGaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be one for Watchdog on TV..... :D

Gaz.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is one that ALL the suppliers of navigation software/exipment will have to address. While once a niche market, it is rapidly becoming mainstream - some may argue that it already has!
People who purchase are no longer 'early adopters' and are as a consequence less likely to accept problems. More and more complaints will by nature of the increased units out there will be made - no doubt to the likes of Watchdog and even Trading Standards. And if Trading Standards get enough complaints, they have to investigate - not good publicity! And pity the poor company that gets the attention of the media - they often get all the bad publicity. Look at McDonalds - even the couple in the so called McLibel case admitted that some of the others were probably as bad too!
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Why doesn't anyone from TOMTOM respond? Reply with quote

duckie008 wrote:
We know that the guys from TOMTOM read these forums.
Why doesn't anyone from the company respond to any of the current issues like unhappy customers who felt they have been ripped off by the new map upgrade and the full postcode search not being available on version 5 without purchasing the new maps?
All is silent from TOMTOM. Do you think they are discussing whether to give us our money back for the map upgrades we purchased?

Whatever makes you think Tom Tom have any interest in these forums beyong basking in the glory of yet another Brown-nose review?

Tom Tom are a business. Their business is to make money. There are basically 2 ways to do this:

Method 1 - Sell first class products that have been thoroughly tested prior to release. Treat your customer base as a highly valued asset & respond to them accordingly. Address complaints in a timely & professional manner. Initial profits are lower but a loyal customer base will continue to add to them over time.

Method 2 - Release the product as soon as it works to 80% in order to generate revenue as quickly as possible. Buy & distribute out of date map data to cut costs even further. Completely ignore customer complaints or blame your suppliers. Spend 10% of the budget required to fulfill method 1 on "all expenses paid" jollies to Amsterdam together with all the freebies a reviewer can carry.

Now, do you really need to ask yourself why Tom Tom consistantly treat their customer base like something brown & smelly on the sole of their shoes?

In case you Go owners don't browse other Tom Tom forums, it appears that the latest scam is to take payment from Mobile customers to upgrade to V5, fail to provide the upgrade & blame the payments system.

Be assured that the ONLY topic being discussed by Tom Tom is how much they can make out of Navigator 5 upgraders....
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will make nil euros out of me for a navigator upgrade.
I HOPE THEY CAN SEE THIS
NOTHING NOTHING

i will just stick with 3 and use a nav product with NAVTEQ maps.
mazza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be the one to "break up the party", but you have to realise that so many people contact customer services of all companies, and you can not guarantee 100% success with every call.

I am in business, and I have called or contacted TT twice in recent months and have had excellent service, with prompt replies and professional responses.

However, I do understand that if I was to call back a third time maybe I would receive reletively poor service. What I am trying to say is that it is a percentage game...sometimes it's good, other times not so.

I'm grown up enough to take the bad with the good!
vernan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a bit too sensible for the rabid people on internet forums, Mazza. You're also entirely right.

Do some of you writhe around frothing at the mouth over a poorly performing milk carton from Sainsbury's? That's how I imagine some of the people you get on internet forums.

If you don't like the product, or if you feel that you don't get the "customer service" like you want it, sell it and buy something else. That's what E-bay is for.
rayboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vernan wrote:
If you don't like the product, or if you feel that you don't get the "customer service" like you want it, sell it and buy something else. That's what E-bay is for.

Whilst I don't think it is a bad policy to not respond to public forum posts. I also don't think consumers should have to suffer in silence and rely on ebay to get rid of new but poorly support kit.

Milk cost ~40p a pint at a supermarket, GPS kit cost 1000 times that. Ok, lets assume a GPS unit is milk money to you, would you also just put up and sell up if you bought a faulty brand new car?

Having been lurking here for several months, I just had to register to reply to this post. Crying over spilt milk may sound petty, but if you paid 400 Pounds for your milk and got nothing but leaking cartons, then it is time to make a fuss.

No I don't have a grudge with tomtom, in fact after learning of their huge increase in profit, I am thinking of buying some shares... now, are they a listed company?
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayboy wrote:

No I don't have a grudge with tomtom, in fact after learning of their huge increase in profit, I am thinking of buying some shares... now, are they a listed company?

Here (Amsterdam Exchange) and here (Frankfurt Exchange)

but to be honest they're more likely to drop off rapidly once the far east start making their own versions...

SC

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: