Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New upgrade - what will i need?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New upgrade - what will i need?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: New upgrade - what will i need? Reply with quote

Sorry to be a bit thick here, but i too have just recieved the Tomtom Email about the new software..

i already have the v5 which i installed about a month ago, (which i knew i had to wait for the new maps for the postcode planning etc to work)

All i need is the new maps then is it? ( i ONLY want GB by the way) is this whats 75Euro's? and its only on CD?

also can i install straight into my TTG (classic) and it overwrites and upgdates automatically i do i have to back up etc?

Thanks Rolling Eyes

(And i have to get a 512mb card? any suggestions of good makes that work stable in the TTG?) :D
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIUI, the upgrade is only on SD card - not CD - and contains the v5 software (which you've already got anyway) and the new maps.

So you won't need a new SD card - one is supplied. But you will have to copy all your personal POIs (speed cameras etc.) onto the new card - and set up all your favourites and preferences from scratch.

Since there isn't a CD, the very first thing to do is to make a backup copy of the whole SD card on your hard disk.

Roger
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Roger...

Ah so its shipped on a SD card for the 75 euros and then you add your personal stuff to that card? (not a cd)

i take it there will be enough space for the maps and v5 software as well as my personal POI's and favourites?

Great! -if its all done for me on a new 512 SD card where do i order?!! :P

PS _ does anyone know if the ASN is working with the new v5 and maps as we were told to disable it due to a bug from v4.12 onwards? Rolling Eyes
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that you get a 512MB card - it might only be 256MB since TomTom are not noted for their generosity.

It will already have the v5 software on it plus the GB Plus map - which gives you street level navigation in GB plus the Major Roads of Europe all integrated into one map. The idea apparently is that it enables you to navigate seamlessly to anywhere in Europe - albeit only at village rather than street level. You also get full postcode navigation in GB.

Whatever size of card they supply, there should be some space on it for your own POIs - and you can always delete unwanted voices.

BUT, back it up before mucking about with it! If you want to buy another - possibly larger - card, there's nothing to stop you copying the whole lot (via your PC) onto the new card - and keeping TomTom's card in a safe place in virgin condition.

Roger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: