Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - WARNING GO 300 External Antenna compatability
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

WARNING GO 300 External Antenna compatability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: WARNING GO 300 External Antenna compatability Reply with quote

If you are having problems with coated windscreens and satellite reception with your new GO 300 then make sure that you order the correct part. External Antennas for the original GO DO NOT fit the new GO 300.

The above picture shows the 2 mounts side by side. The connectors for the new GO 300 are located further back on the mount.

The above image shows the difference between the connectors of the new GO 300 and the original GO. You can see that the GO 300 has just a single connector towards the back of the unit whilst the original GO has 2 connectors.
Evilution
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the old one will fit the new one when it comes out, just not the other way around.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the original GO will fit into the new mounts I would be very wary of doing so. The connectors on the back set have different functions and it may damage the original GO to insert it into the new mount.

If that is what I read your answer to mean.
Evilution
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very surprised if you were correct on that assumption although Tomtom seem to be stooping to new lows with customer service so it wouldn't surprise me.
Renfield
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just thought you'd like to know that you can modify the new GO 300 mount to include the external aeriel from the old Antenna kit.

Here's what you need: 1 x Torx T6 Screwdriver, 1 Torx T8, 1 x Tomtom GO External Antenna (Part no. ID00.001).

Method:

Peel back the thin end of the rubber pad on the bottom of the GO external antenna mount to locate two T6 screws. Remove these and unclip the base. Underneath you will find a metal plate with two T8 screws in, remove these and the plate comes off. Rotate the top of the mount and it pops out from the base. Underneath the metal ring are two more T6 screws. Remove these and take the plastic plate off. From here you can remove the aeriel connection from the top of the mount.

Repeat the above process to disassemble the mount for the GO 300. On the top of the mount, where the connector is, peel off the black sticker around the connector and you will find that it covers a hole already there for the aeriel to fit in (the mount contains all the fittings for the external antenna). Place the antenna into the GO 300 mount and re-assemble.

Hey Presto! Aeriel mount for the GO 300 for those who don't want to wait for Tomtom to release the new kits. Did this today as my car has an Anti-Thermic coat on the windscreen, now have a brilliant signal all the time.

Laughing
debbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone else tried this - did it work for them ok??
gazzer2005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: antenna Reply with quote

yep i did it and it worked for me brill work
washbrook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... do you know if the mod will cater for the incar charger adaptor too or is it just for the ariel?

Cheers
Dave
washbrook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... no need for a reply as I have just done it all myself and everything is working perfect.

Cheers
Dave :D
jimbokb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: TTG 300 Aerial Reply with quote

One of my friends borrowed my TTG 300 aerial, I was unaware that he had TTG Classic. he phoned me later saying he could not get it to fit because the mounting bracket was the wrong way round. This cant be I said and left it at that. Now I know why.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: