Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dell Axim and EMTAC CRUX
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell Axim and EMTAC CRUX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Dell Axim and EMTAC CRUX Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Well I now have TTN v2.02 (GPS and Navigator) installed, and sadly I still have exactly the same problem - connection seems to last about 5 minutes and then crashes the Bluetooth comms. I am begining to wonder if it is the Bluetake CF card and driver software that are at fault? Do you know anyone that has the Dell Axim, EMTAC Crux and TTN2 working together? If so, what Bluetooth CF card are they using?

Cheers, Richard
RichardL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Dell Axim and EMTAC CRUX Reply with quote

I'm using a Dell Axim X5 PDA, Bluetake CF bluetooth card, EMTAC CRUX GPS receiver and TomTom Navigator version 1.51 with Tomtom GPS version 2.0. The PDA will happily talk to the CRUX receiver using either Crux-View or Tomtom GPS with no problems. When I start Tomtom Navigator and stick to the map view, the connection with the GPS also remains fine. When I move to the Navigator screen, the Bluetooth connection breaks down within 3 to 10 minutes with the software effectively hanging. Has anyone had a similar experience, any top tips? All help very gratefully received

Cheers, Richard
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Make sure you are running the Emtac Wireless GPS Driver within TTN2.
RichardL
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave - thanks for your reply - sadly still no joy. I've tried using the "Emtac CRUX GPS", "Emtac Wireless GPS", various "NMEA 0183v2" drivers, but all with the same result.

I've tried reducing the amount of program memory and seeing if this affects the connection time. Although hardly scientific, reducing program memory seems to reduce connection time - possible "memory leak" within Navigator dialogues?

Meanwhile, CRUX_View and Tomtom GPS work flawlessly on their own. Would TTN2 be any better? Or should I save my money?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

TTN2 is better, read our upgrade review or complete review. From a stability point of view though, I doubt it.

I never tested the BT GPS under 1.51 so don't know how well it faired. I gather from others it did work okay. There were problems with TTN2 and the BT GPS having similar problems with Dell's and other Pocket PC's and this was fixed in 2.02, so it maybe that this problem has been around since 1.51 and only now fixed in 2.02.
RichardL
Occasional Visitor

For those interested, the problem is now sorted. Replaced the Bluetake CF card with a Bluemonkey CD card - same price and a better quality card - and the best bit of all is that it works !!!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

That's good to hear!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: