Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Think I got two tickets
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Think I got two tickets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Think I got two tickets Reply with quote

Embarassed

On my way back from Edinburg on Monday I think I might have got zapped by a mobile sped camera that was not on the database, doh!

Also further down the road I think I got zapped again! I had it set to warn me at 1000 yards but when it warned me I could see the camera up on a bridge obviously 1000 yards away. Point is could it have zapped me?

I now have the warning set to 2000 yards!!

Does anyone know what range the mobile cameras have?

It really annoys me that this was on a strip of motorway with three clear lanes, hardly any traffic and yet there were speed cameras popping up all over the place!!!
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HOG,

Steve Warren’s website ( http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk ) is the best resource for speed camera related information.

I can’t access that website at work, but IIRC the mobile cameras (laser/video units) have a theoretical range of 1,000 metres although they generally use a shorter range as 1,000 metres is a long distance.

I’ve had my mobile warnings set to 1,000 metres for a while now. I’ve found that even on motorways I’ve been warned long before the mobile site is visible. Don’t forget that the camera operators are shy and don’t want to be seen. They will site themselves on a bend, brow of a hill, etc so that you are suddenly in their range. With a warning of 1,000 metres I can see the location of a mobile site on the SatNav map long before I can see physically see it (and more importantly before it can see me), which give me time to recheck my speed.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: