Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Button Mapping - Good news
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Button Mapping - Good news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devulderj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Button Mapping - Good news Reply with quote

All,

I just got confirmation from TomTom that they will be posting TomTom Navigator 2.04 which will solve the button mapping issue we've been having with GPSAssist. TTN2 will no longer 'steal' the button mappings from GPSAssist 1.3.3 unless you assign other specific mappings in TTN yourself.

Cheers,

Jo.

Malcolm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Button Mapping - Good news Reply with quote

Excellent news Jo! Any idea when 2.04 is due?

Malcolm
Dave
Frequent Visitor

When it's released ? We have been working with TomTom extensively as we have with previous releases, I do know when it will be released but have been requested that we don't announce it early, so all I can say is soon at this stage.
Malcolm
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Dave - VERY secret squirrel! I know - if you told me you'd have to kill me!!!!!!!!!!! I'll hold my button pushing 'til then (tried the workaround/didn't work!)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've got my Colt 45 on standby

Did you try this workaround ?

I'd be surprised if this didn't work as it works on two Pocket PC's I have here.
mountain
Occasional Visitor

Hi Jo

Just downloaded and installed TTN2.05, there seems to be no change with the button mapping, TTN2 still takes over the button mapping once you go into anything other than the Navigator view and doesn't release it and the only way for GPSAssist to get control again of the buttons again is to quit it and relaunch. For instance working in the POI editor if you press the 'MAP' button to see where a recorded POI button is, GPSAssist loses control of the buttons. I have missed recording a lot of speed cameras because of this.

Is there any way this issue can be resolved.

Piers

Dave
Frequent Visitor

I don't think it made it into 2.05 because it's not listed anywhere in the TomTom documentation on what was fixed.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Guess we will have to wait for a downgrade to 2.0.4
Dave
Frequent Visitor

There are workaround that work this problem, I have it working on 2 Pocket PC's here without a problem. You just need to make sure you set all the TomTom button mappings to default location, setup a button assignment for the button you want to use in GPSAssist under START | SETTINGS | BUTTONS to run GPSAssist, then setup GPSAssist to use the same buttons and assign them to the specific function within GPSAssist.

Providing you then run GPSAssist first and have it start TomTom Navigator 2 it won't be an issue.
mountain
Occasional Visitor

I'm not too sure I follow you Dave, my iPaq will only allow 1 button to be assigned to GPSAssist( START| SETTINGS|BUTTONS), so I don't understand how you have managed to assign 'buttons' ie more than one. What I had with TTN1 was button1-GPSAssist menu, button2-TTN Navigator, button 3-TTN Map view, button 4-Record POI, and would like this with TTN2 also, but cannot see how using a workaround. Once you go into map view TTN2 takes over and starts launching the default programs, I do have GPSAssist assigned to button 1 so can always switch to that, but it never regains control of the buttons without being restarted.

Am I missing something with your workaround?

Ta

Piers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: