Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ipaq 3900 with Compaq Ipaq (Navman) Jacket running TomTom3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ipaq 3900 with Compaq Ipaq (Navman) Jacket running TomTom3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColinF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: ipaq 3900 with Compaq Ipaq (Navman) Jacket running TomTom3 Reply with quote

Hope someone can advise. I have a Ipaq3900 with the Ipaq Jacket (Navman) hoping to run TomTom3 on it. Have loaded software etc no problem however when I run Tom Tom3, the message I get is that the GPS position is unreliable. It looks like the Ipaq is not talking to the GPS jacket. Can someone advise what Gps type i should be using in the GPS settings. I have selected Pocket Copilot GPS jacket but to no avail.

Regards
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a vanilla install of TomTom? Is the jacket a Navman branded version or an 'iPAQ Navigation System' version.

I ask because the drivers for these jackets wre not supplied in TomTom3, if you still have Navman or CoPilot software installed then the drivers will still be there, if not then I have the drivers on the downloads page of my home site at www.griffinnet.co.uk .
ColinF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has navman on the back but Ipaq Navigation System on the front right hand side.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinF wrote:
It has navman on the back but Ipaq Navigation System on the front right hand side.

Then you need the CoPilot Navman GPS Jacket Serial Driver from Darren's site. Copy the .cab file to your device then locate it with File Explorer and tap it. It will self-install. Before doing the install, remove the sleeve and perform a soft reset. Install the .cab and then do another soft reset, then slide the sleeve on.
ColinF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got driver down and worked fine for a few days however when I am running it now the GPS freezes after about 2 - 3 minutes when I have a GPS fix. Any ideas ???

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: