Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 3.17 upgrade problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 3.17 upgrade problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigsfoot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Navigator 3.17 upgrade problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an XDA IIs and have just upgraded to TomTom Navigator 3.17. The OS version of teh XDA is Windows Mobile 2003 SE.

On the original version ( supplied on memroy card ) everything worked fine apart from locking up every now and again which is what the upgrade resolves.

Since the upgrade i no longer have any Voice files. I have tried reinstalling from scratch with no joy even tried a hard reset and that didn't work either. Even checked out the registry as per another link and couldn't find anything relating to Voice files or locations ! which i thought was odd

If i install the original version from the Memory card i got it all works fine again...if i follow the upgrade instuctions including removing the memory card whilst installing the upgrade i loose the sound files again.

If anyone can help out it would be appreciated as having no sound whilst driving is a reall pain.

Thanks.....
RichXDA2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voice files sometimes have to be installed separately, I have an XDA2 and when I recently upgraded the XDA's ROM I had to reinstall TT3. I had the same problem as you, you have to specify that you want to install the voice (and also which voice US, UK, male, female etc.) facility during installation.
Pigsfoot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: How do you install Voice Files ? Reply with quote

Thanks for thr reply RichXDA2,

Can you let me know how to reinstall the voice files as i have a cab file on the original memory card called Voice, which does install something called Voice 5...

But after this has been done it still dosn't work, i'm not sure though if these are the files i need as i don't have any others.

Thanks....
RichXDA2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voice files should be on the Tom Tom installation CD. If you run the installation program, you should get a menu form which to choose which software you want to install (Tom Tom, GPS etc) one of these should be the voice software.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what Navigator product do you have? There's no Navigator 3.17 - the latest version of Navigator 3 is 3.07.

The description of a product being supplied on a memory card sounds more like Navigator 2004 than Navigator 3 - from memory, Navigator 2004 installs a voice file of the type you describe.

You can't use Navigator 3.07 with a Navigator 2004 Product Code, nor will you have the Navigator 3 voice files. To my knowledge, Navigator 2004 is only available as a retail product for the USA and Canada - in Europe it's only available bundled with an iPAQ. There was never a Navigator 3 product in the USA and Canada, though USA maps are available as an add-on for Navigator 3.

If you can find the version number of what you're using, that will clear up the mystery - Navigator 2004, from memory, reports itself as version 4.400.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: