Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pufin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: New map available for 500 Reply with quote

Hi
Just down loaded Map version 632.0 GB plus for my TTGo 500 with application version 6.15 Via TomTom Home.

TT Home sets up another directory on the sd card for the new map files. Once you have downloaded and installed the new map then BACKED UP THE NEW MAP, delete the old version of the map and move your POI to the new directory from the old directory. NOTE:- Do not delete the old directory until you have done this first. Then reset your camera warning sounds.

Job Done!

:D
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware that the upgraded maps were available yet. Even though they have been promised since April.

You may have bought a full price new map, not a discounted upgrade replacement map.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
Gerallt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: New Maps for Tom Tom 700 Reply with quote

Has anyone any idea when the new maps for the Tom Tom 700 will be available? For weeks now Tom Tom has been saying they are 'imminent'. I bought my Tom Tom in May this year. It came with a Promo leafletg telling me I can download the latest map for my GO free using the code printed on the leaflet. This offer is valid until 30th September 2006. Can anyone advise me what happens if the new maps are not released before 30th September. Am I likely to have the free map download period extended for free or will I lose out on the deal. In the latter event have I any legal remedies? I dare say there are others in the same situation so advice and comments from 'old hands' would be appreciated.
Gerallt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New Maps for Tom Tom 700 Reply with quote

Gerallt wrote:
Has anyone any idea when the new maps for the Tom Tom 700 will be available? For weeks now Tom Tom has been saying they are 'imminent'. I bought my Tom Tom in May this year. It came with a Promo leafletg telling me I can download the latest map for my GO free using the code printed on the leaflet. This offer is valid until 30th September 2006. Can anyone advise me what happens if the new maps are not released before 30th September. Am I likely to have the free map download period extended for free or will I lose out on the deal. In the latter event have I any legal remedies? I dare say there are others in the same situation so advice and comments from 'old hands' would be appreciated.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You replied to yourself! Laughing

The only people who know are TomTom....
They are always this opaque, and I guess all the mount and software problems have slowed them down even more this time.

I would have thought that they will be honour-bound to extend their offer if nothing is released before the deadline.
joedavid0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New Maps for Tom Tom 700 Reply with quote

Gerallt wrote:
. It came with a Promo leafletg telling me I can download the latest map for my GO free using the code printed on the leaflet. This offer is valid until 30th September 2006.

Is this leaflet and the code widly available?
Gerallt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy - what you say more or less confirms what I thought the situation was. Sorry for my mistake in replying to myself!
Gerallt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JoeDavid0 - I don't know but I surmise that they would have been included with recently sold TomToms. The sale price was probably adjusted to cover the cost. In other words you would almost certainly have to buy the product to get the promo.
SteveOh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Map version? Reply with quote

Hi fellas... how do I tell if my maps need to be upgraded?

Is there a version number and if so what is the latest version

Obviously I would like the newest maps available.

I have a TomTom One...
TIA for any help
glenng001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: map upgrade Reply with quote

Me too steveoh, i upgraded to v632 GB map earlier this year, does anyone know if there has been a newer release? I have sent an e-mail to tom tom support but no reply for over a week now ... as usual. I don't want to be suckered into buying the same thing twice but it doesn't say anything on TT's web site about version numbers of maps.
Gerallt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerallt wrote:
Thanks Andy - what you say more or less confirms what I thought the situation was. Sorry for my mistake in replying to myself!

Since my earlier posts I have heard from TomTom direct and this is what they say:

"The expiry date stated on the voucher code is the 30th September: The code will remain valid ***for an extended, yet limited period of time*** if the map upgrade starts after this date."

I assume that this applies to all voucher holders and I hope the information is of help to those in a similar position to me.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the voucher for my GO700, expiry date 30th September and had hoped to get the new map before my European holiday, from which I have now returned. The existing map let me down in several countries, showing me "off road" many times where there was new road build (and I use the word "new" only because the road wasn't on my map, despite in many cases, well established border vegetation and trees!). I was particularly badly let down in Italy, where "new" and current build seem to be top priority, and I ended up despite "Avoid Motorways" and "Avoid Tolls" on two separate toll gates with nowhere to go except through the money hole!!
And now I've returned, I find my first ever newsletter from TomTom (despite being registered since May 2005, originally with a GO300) but it doesn't bring the good news of map updates. I am now seriously beginning to wonder about getting something new, not TomTom. The machine is good (although since 6.15 I consider the routing instructions are poorer), but the maps let the whole thing down badly and they're what count.
Do you think it would be a good idea for me (and everybody else in the same boat) to also contact TT for the same assurance?? I'd hate to find the voucher no longer valid when the map eventually does come available and it might just possibly register with TomTom that they have an unsatisfied customer base out here.
glenng001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: map upgrade Reply with quote

glenng001 wrote:
Me too steveoh, i upgraded to v632 GB map earlier this year, does anyone know if there has been a newer release? I have sent an e-mail to tom tom support but no reply for over a week now ... as usual. I don't want to be suckered into buying the same thing twice but it doesn't say anything on TT's web site about version numbers of maps.

now over 3 weeks since e mailing tt - and 2 weeks since posting here - seems like a straight race to see who can get me the info first, although looking back at previous dealings with TT they must be 100/1 outsiders
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if you've tried CALLING them?? (Maybe you don't have their phone number?) TomTom Support +44 8451 610009 or +31 208 500800.
Maybe if enough people raise the same question they'll post the version numbers, and expected release date(s).

Good Luck
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this page may help

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-map-versions.php

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: