Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: TomTom announce the GO map upgrades Reply with quote

TomTom have now got the long awaited GO software and Map upgrades available on their site Click here for more details on the TomTom site.

The upgrade will be available as an SD card or a set of CD depending on your current map region purchase. The upgrade is priced at €79 inc VAT for a single map region on SD card, and €59 on a set of CDs for the Maps of Western Europe.

The maps will be the Plus maps which for the GB maps will need a 256Mb SD card. The Plus maps incorporate the Major Roads of Europe into the detailed country map allowing seamless routing across Western Europe.

To upgrade you will need the product code of your original GO software. This is a series of letters and numbers in the format XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX, and will be located on a card that came with the GO or on the back of CD1 for Maps of Western Europe. If you have lost your product code you can still upgrade, but you cannot use the automated system, and you will need to have some form of Proof of Purchase to obtain the new software and maps.

Upgrades should be delivered within 5 weeks.

Last edited by MikeB on Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following is the full press release from TomTom
TomTom Press release wrote:

TomTom Announces TomTom GO European Upgrade Programme

TomTom enables existing TomTom GO customers to benefit from the latest features and functionalities of the new TomTom GO software and the maps~

25 April 2005, UK – TomTom, a leading navigation solution provider, today announced the availability of an upgrade programme for current owners of TomTom GO . This upgrade allows existing customers to benefit from TomTom’s new and improved software with enhanced features and the latest upgraded regional maps. The upgraded maps and software are available at a great price to all current TomTom GO owners through the TomTom website, www.tomtom.com.

The upgrade programme offers current TomTom GO owners two different upgrade options:

Pre-installed on an SD card is a complete upgrade of the software and individual regional maps, fully connected to the major road network of Western Europe offering seamless cross border navigation across Europe. Users simply select the UK country map, which is then delivered, pre-installed on the SD card complete with the updated software and the maps of major roads of Western Europe.
The upgrade is easy to do - users simply insert the new card into their TomTom GO for the changes to take effect – truly Plug & GO. This full upgrade comes at the minimal cost of only €79 including VAT (excluding shipping and handling costs).

Also on offer is a complete upgraded CD set of Maps of Western Europe . This upgrade is available to all TomTom GO owners of the Maps of Western Europe on CD. It includes detailed map coverage of every region in Western Europe offering seamless cross border navigation across Europe. This CD set of up-to-date maps comes priced at just €59 including VAT (excluding shipping and handling costs).

As well as the latest most up-to-date maps , which include extra Points of Interest such as petrol stations, parking, restaurants, cash machines and hotels, the software has also been updated with the following new features, including:

• Full itinerary support, plan routes to multiple destinations and add stopping points on the journey
• Full detail postcode support (UK & Netherlands only)
• Route planning: pick the fastest, shortest routes or avoid toll bridges, congestion charge areas or the motorway
• Spoken instructions available in more than 30 languages
• On-screen interface available in 20 languages
• TomTom PLUS services: download extra’s such new Points of Interest, city maps, new voices and safety cameras

AVAILABILITY

The TomTom GO upgrade programme will be available from 25 April, 2005, at noon. For more information on how to order the TomTom GO upgrade package, please visit the TomTom website www.tomtom.com.

Please note this release is not for distribution in United States, Australia, Canada or Japan.

nobodynice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: new maps Reply with quote

I am going abroad in May, i haven't got the maps of europe, was waiting for the new maps but as yet, the way i am reading it is that they are only doing upgrades at present? anyone know any different or know when you can buy the full set of updated maps of europe?
many thanks
Big_Brownz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little dissapointed with TT here.
I think that is a bit pricy for someone who owns both TTG Nav UK and Maps of Western Europe, as I'm sure a lot of people do.
I know that there has been a lot of work put into these products and software updates (v5 software is fantastic), but the "Upgrade" comes to just under £100 for both products.
I for one don't need another SDCard, but it appears you don't get a choice.
SGR1913
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i can see if you own Maps of Western Europe you upgrade that and that will include upgraded UK maps.
I live in France and have only upgraded my existing copy of MWE, no pointing in paying twice for the French map?
madmaz50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Map upgrades Reply with quote

If you get the new maps and V5 software etc on a new SD Card, how do you then transfer your existing 'favourites' to the new card i.e. which file(s) are they located in and will it simply be a matter of overwriting the 'new file' on the new card ? Question
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't transfer 'favourites' which is why we always reccomend you store your personal POIs in a custom POI group i.e. 'Friends'. This then creates a friends.ov2 file in your map folder which can easily be copied.
Zeena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Big_Brownz:

You just need to upgrade your "Maps of Western Europe" pack...
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting confused. I have an original sd card (was it 125Mb?) and my TTGo also came with a CD. If I go for the cheaper offer of CD will my old sd card be OK because if I go for the other option, the new sd card it is 125Mb (to incorporate extras). Apologies if this is obvious to many but I am not certain which option is better.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second 125Mb should read 256Mb - I said I was confused
SGR1913
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember there are 2 separate products. 1) is the map that came with your TTGO, and to upgrade it is 79Euro including a SD card
2) There are the maps of Western Europe that cost an additional 190 Euro that are upgradeable for 59Euro on CD. This will include UK maps, but if you didn't buy it at extra cost, you obviously aren't elligible for the upgrade
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sifi wrote:
I'm getting confused. I have an original sd card (was it 125Mb?) and my TTGo also came with a CD. If I go for the cheaper offer of CD will my old sd card be OK because if I go for the other option, the new sd card it is 125Mb (to incorporate extras). Apologies if this is obvious to many but I am not certain which option is better.

You can only go for the CDs if you have the Maps of Western Europe. Not if you only have a single country.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. My CD says 'maps of Great Britain plus Major Roads of Europe'.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sifi wrote:
Thanks. My CD says 'maps of Great Britain plus Major Roads of Europe'.

Then you will not be eligable for the Maps of Western Europe. Crying or Very sad
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Brownz wrote:
I'm a little dissapointed with TT here.
I think that is a bit pricy for someone who owns both TTG Nav UK and Maps of Western Europe, as I'm sure a lot of people do.
I know that there has been a lot of work put into these products and software updates (v5 software is fantastic), but the "Upgrade" comes to just under £100 for both products.
I for one don't need another SDCard, but it appears you don't get a choice.

I have just had confirmation from TomTom that if you have the Maps of Western Europe (NOT the Major Roads of Europe) then you only need to upgrade the Maps of Western Europe for €59 plus shipping.

This will give you all the features in the single country maps including the "PLUS" maps with the integrated Major Roads of Europe.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: