Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 5 for Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 5 for Palm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docdoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Navigator 5 for Palm Reply with quote

I've got v4.40 at present on the Palm. Will there be a downloadable update to v5.0 or will I have to purchase it? Will I need to re-activate the maps, and what will happen if I buy the new maps with 7-digit postcode info?

Thanks
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know any details unfortunately - but the TT site says that the TTGO s/w & map upgrade costs EUR79, which is prolly a good guide. Not sure if you can upgrade just the s/w though.

I'm waiting to find out whether TT Traffic will work with BT on my Palm T3!
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr-B wrote:
I don't know any details unfortunately - but the TT site says that the TTGO s/w & map upgrade costs EUR79, which is prolly a good guide. Not sure if you can upgrade just the s/w though.

I'm waiting to find out whether TT Traffic will work with BT on my Palm T3!

Are you using the BT receiver or the wired one?

If BT then traffic won't work as T3 can only communicate with 1 BT device at a time.
If wired, well it's anybodies guess - it needs a gprs connection.

I hope I've solved this issue by moving over to a Treo 650 & using a wired receiver plugged into a Seidio 2100s cradle.
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that the Palm Navigator update from v4 to v5 will be free for the software only. I also heard Navigator 5 should be available between 5/17 and 5/22. It's now the 18th, and I'm waiting with baited breath for 5 to come out! :D
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is our understanding as well.

The Palm 4.x version has maps that are compatible with the version 5.x software. TomTom said that there would be a free application download for existing users, and I havent heard anything to the contary. I will confirm with TomTom tomorrow.

Be aware that you will not get full postcode functionality without upgrading the maps.
db247
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a palm 5.2.7 system, a zodiac. do you think i can use this too?
themax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Navigator 5 is out Reply with quote

As you might have seen on the TomTom website - the upgrade is out, and with a price tag of €59. No freebies there. But since it includes new maps I think it is a reasonable tag for the upgrade.

.m
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigator 5 is out Reply with quote

themax wrote:
As you might have seen on the TomTom website - the upgrade is out, and with a price tag of €59. No freebies there. But since it includes new maps I think it is a reasonable tag for the upgrade.

I just checked TomTom's site, and the update is not yet available. At least for us here in the USA.
vinniet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all ... I called TomTom to bitch about the update. They said the new date is mid-June for Palm. This really messes things up since they were suppose to offer free upgrades if you were less then a month. Now I am over 2 months and still waiting. I know I get the program update but I want the updated maps too.

I guess I will be placing another call to see if they will wave the fee when it finally comes out.
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Upgrade order has wrong product Reply with quote

I tried unsuccessfully to order the upgrade for my TTN Palm http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php (EUR59 + 9.95 P&P).

I entered my TTN4 Palm product code and it then decides that I need "TTN5 Software upgrade Europe from TTN3". Urgh.
Of course there is no contact # for TT on the site either so I can't even call them. :-(

Has anyone ordered the correct upgrade successfully yet?
Calligrapher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update is for Palm as well as PPC, I queried it with TomTom and was told that it was compatible with all products listed, see reply given to me on same query -

Navigator 5 is compatible with the PDA's found at the link below .

http://www.tomtom.com/support/rightnow.php?p_prods=62%2C0&p_pv=1.62%3B2.u0&p_prod_lvl1=62&p_new_search=&p_search_type=&p_search_text=compatible

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Calligrapher
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that TTN5 works on different PDAs, but you're saying that the Navigator 5 upgrade program will work on *all* PDAs?

If so I'm guessing that they must have one CD that has all the different versions on. The upgrade item description is still confusing though. :-(
Calligrapher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Upgrade order has wrong product Reply with quote

Only hope that the information given to me by TomTom is correct as mine is on its way just 5 days from order. Will advise on receipt, awaited with eager anticipation
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade order has wrong product Reply with quote

Mr-B wrote:
I tried unsuccessfully to order the upgrade for my TTN Palm http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php (EUR59 + 9.95 P&P).

Interesting - that's no long a valid upgrade link. Looks like we'll have to wait for mid-month and see what happens. Question
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the upgrade disc(s) and can confirm it has both the palm and pocketpc versions on it.

You have to have activesync and hotsync intalled for it show both optios - if you only have a pocketpc then you only see the pppc version likewise with hotsync and the palm version.

I can see both versions on the install screen.

This was also the case with the ttn3 upgrade.

HTH

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: