Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 256 SD card Problem,
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

256 SD card Problem,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: 256 SD card Problem, Reply with quote

Surfed internet, bought myself a 256mb card off off e-bay. Loaded GB map etc, downloaded verson 5 and latest camera's, worked brill.

Bored one sunday when it was raining so couldn't wash the car, thought i'll be clever load major roads of europe in anticipation of forth coming hol.
Der having loaded all above when switching go back on all i get is a symble of card coming out and a big red cross being drawn across it.

so went back connected etc went to my comp, removeable drive etc check that i'd loaded every thing. YES. Unloaded and reloaded and still getting the card coming aout and red cross on display.

Any idea's or is the moral of this story dont by SD cards off e-bay espically if there getting dispatched from Hong kong:(
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often if you remove the card or device from the computer before any write behind cache information has been written the card can be corrupt.

Did you try re-formatting and loading from scratch?
Stormin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. tried reloading, even did it one step at a time so i would know where i had gone wrong. Firstly on clean card downloaded version 5, then UK maps. Checked working fine. Then downloaded camera's etc. still working fine. Getting cocky by this time downloaded major roads of europe, still working but has resorted to version 4.40. re downloaded version 5 and im back to the symbol where the card is shown coming from the TT G and a big red cross over it. tried to clean card but this time i was unable to remove a file called itn. again all worked ok till loaded maps of roads of europe, back to version 4.40 any idea's Confused
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same error on my tom tom go.insert the card into your go and connect up to pc.......then go into my computer and right click on removable drive.then choose FORMAT :D it will wipe the card .then you need your cd rom to install the application again.then run the upgrade 500 file over it. 8)
dont hink u can back up any of your favorites first cause your tom tom may have crashed Sad
Stormin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ive done it again, removed every thing from the card, reloaded version 5, maps of Uk, speed camera's, major route's of europe bu when i do this it resorts to version 4.40 then when try to reload, version 5. It packs up again with the the card removed symbol and the red cross. Any idea's please.

Can i just load version 5 and the major routes of europe on my old 128mb card or do i need uk maps as well.

At least its stopped raining now Confused
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you reloaded V5 the second time, did you leave the TTG connected to the PC for about 30 secs after the Blue SD icon had finished flashing. Sometimes it is best to switch TTG off before you unplug USB lead, but wait for at least 30 secs.

The only reason I can think why 4.40 reloaded over 5.00 was that with the CD in, it re-installed 4.40 from the CD.

If you can copy a working 4.40 SD card to your PC, you could try installing the V5 only, to the SD card. Then copy everything EXCEPT the files in the root folder back to the SD card. That is, the GB.Map and/or MRE.map

You can load the MRE map on it's own.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Bluenose666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the same problem, a big red X with a line through it, tried the above, no luck yet, I have tried it a 2 different cards!

Help!
andyfras
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got around this by doing a hard reset with the tiny hole at the bottom of the TTG - it does reset the clock though!
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trie.....load v4.4 and GB maps then major roads of Europe.If all works then upgrade to v5.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: