Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Still a bit miffed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Still a bit miffed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Still a bit miffed Reply with quote

I guess that's what you get for not doing your homework, but I am still a bit miffed that I have forked out on a TTG, additional antena, maps and 1GB SD card only to now find out that TTG is basically......"a classic"!

Had I known I would have held on until the new ones came out. So although I am told it will continue to be supported I do feel that I have bought an "dying model" whose days are numbered as TT will concentrate on the new models.

I now feel I have invested unwisely:(
Howard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hog,

Having purchased my unit only last December I look at it as a system that, with the V5 upgrade, has given me a stable unit to use for the next year or two. I'm sure TT may have released the V5 to make the "classic" owners happy for the reason you've stated. This time next year the tables may be reversed and you'll have the 2006 model and this years take-up may well be just as disappointed!

Howard

I wonder if we will ever get to the position where technology upgrades start to come out so quick after the last lot that the "system" just stops as no one buys anything through fear of it becoming obsolete so quickly! A technical version of catch-22 (techo-22)!
HOG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the reply below from TT which I feel is pretty naff. But as usual in life I shall bend over and take it up the tail pipe!

I guess I shall just pay for the upgraded maps when released and see how it goes.

Dont get me wrong I think the TTG is great, and blows the £1500 inbuilt one I had in my Nissan X-Trail away. I just feel a litle sore that I only just bought the thing and have to fork out more for an upgrade!

-----------------

If you are not satisfied then we can only suggest that you try to return your GO for a refund where you originally bought it, if purchased within 15 days. The TomTom GO 300/500/700 series is scheduled to be released in the coming weeks.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hog i think maybe you should have done bit more reserch before buying the go that way you would have been more informed about what was coming out

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Old_Phil
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just like buying a PC. We all know that the instant we fork out for a new PC a bigger, faster, sleeker, smarter one is released - and it's cheaper!.

BUT, we know this will always be the case and you have to buy sometime. Those who always wait for the improved version never get to enjoy the benefits of their new toy.

It's the same with TTGO. Enjoy it and if one day you feel the need to upgrade, sell your classic to a new convert to satnav.
nich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be wrong, but looking at the spec. for the new 300 & 500 TT's, there doesn't seem to be much to gain by upgrading. The Blue tooth would be nice but as i read it , you need to subcribe to get the traffic updates. The remote is a gimmic. so i for one wont be shelling out again.
HOG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nich, I agree. I did contact my supplier about exchange but in waiting for their reply and reading up on them I decided, oh what the hell keep it I am happy with it and it works a treat.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: