Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Que Software with GPSV
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Que Software with GPSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Garmin Que Software with GPSV Reply with quote

This whole "unlocking" issue and "matching up" software to certain units, is still getting the better of me..

Here is the situation: I bought a GPS10 Bluetooth with GarMap software (City Select, MapSource etc)

Installed the software and evertyhing works like a charm.

Now for the challenge: I am trying to load the software onto another Pocket PC, permanantly mounted along with a GPS V(you have to in Africa).

1) Is there a way of installing the software on a second PDA( This PDA is Bluetooth enabled, so an initial pairing up with the Bluettoth GPS10 is possible I guess)
2) Would I be able to, after the unlocking has been done, convince the Que software on the PDA to talk to my GPS V over the existing serial cable?
3) Will I be able to do map uploading and download from different PDA's to the same laptop, or do I need to install Mapsource on two different laptops, so that they "do not know about each other"

Sorry for what might seem like silly questions to the rest of the GPS fraternity. Your help is appreciated...
Mapwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertus, everything you want to achieve is possible as I am doing exactly the same. I have the gps 10 running nicely on 2 PPC's and one installation of Mapsource with City Select 7.

You can get a second unlockcode for your GPSV at the Garmin-site. I did this for my 60CS and I am able to connect it over a serial cable to one of my PPC's and use it with Garmin Que instead of the gps 10.

The important thing is to unlock both your gps 10 and the GPSV in Mapsource. Garmin Que will check if the required unlockcode matches the hardware-ID of the connected gps.

Good luck!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: