Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Announce Mobile 5 Upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Announce Mobile 5 Upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flasher
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gstenson wrote:
Mine still says 'authorised- warehouse' almost 10 days after placing the order. Seems as if they have opened up the upgrade procedure without having the product or logistics ready...

same here , most likely waiting till they get x amount of orders before shipping

bang out of order especially when they are quick to take payment from ya

from what i`ve been reading recently they love ya til ya give em money then they don`t give a @@@@

using TomTom & CoPilot

Pocketgpsworld iphone cameralert app
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any change in there order status? Mine still says authorised warehouse. What it seems TomTom have done is Authorised the payment from the cards without actually taking the money. I queried it with my Bank and they tell me the payment status is still pending so basically they have it on hold till they want to take it and you can't access that money from your account, which i think is a very sly tactic from TomTom. So while they don't actually have your money, which would mean they would legally have to ship your item they have it secured for when they are ready. Which in the mean time means our accounts have £60.90 in limbo which we can no longer touch. I'm not a happy bunny.
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered on the 18th says authorised warehouse?

and as already been said email link no longer available to ask what is happening?
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayd wrote:
Has anyone had any change in there order status? Mine still says authorised warehouse. What it seems TomTom have done is Authorised the payment from the cards without actually taking the money. I queried it with my Bank and they tell me the payment status is still pending so basically they have it on hold till they want to take it and you can't access that money from your account, which i think is a very sly tactic from TomTom. So while they don't actually have your money, which would mean they would legally have to ship your item they have it secured for when they are ready. Which in the mean time means our accounts have £60.90 in limbo which we can no longer touch. I'm not a happy bunny.

to be fair to tomtom, they are in a catch 22 situation,

first of all they have to make sure you have the funds available to make the purchase and also you are not using stolen details,

also if you had access to the reserved money and made use of it, and then tomtom could not take payment to ship your order that would be fraud on your part.

if however you were to cancel your order, then the money would be available to you again dependent on the speed of YOUR BANK processing the cancellation by tomtom
sparkyzx7r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked my status on TTM5 and still says warehouse.
Noticed when i was looking that under Product Description
Is says TTN5 Upgrade UK S60 .
I hope they send me the right one.
Is there a TTN5 ??
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully there will be some progress this week. Thet have now put the tomtom mobile 5 user manual on the site so i guess they are expecting people to have it soon. Here's hoping anyway.
sparkyzx7r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had i reply from TomTom.

Don't worry, you have ordered the TomTom Mobile upgrade. The way the part numbers are recorded in our system can be a bit confusing sometimes.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team.
cdrider1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a farce! Apparently there's now a problem in logistics:

Dear Mr Rider,

Thankyou for upgrading your TomTom product

Please allow up to five weeks for shipping and handling.

We are unable to change the delivery address as your order has been processed. Once it is with the delivery company it can be changed with them. Please contact us again in a week so we can provide you with the shipping details if still required.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

----------

Hello,

It is one week later. Please can I make a change to the delivery address.

Thank you

-----------

Dear Mr Rider,

Unfortunately there have been some delays with our logistics systems which mean that we are still unable to change this information yet.

Again, may we ask you to get back to us next week with the updated address information.

We apologise for this inconvenience.

With best regards,

flasher
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why on earth are they offering the upgrade package if they can`t ship within a week of payment

sorry but they obviously don`t care about existing customers

using TomTom & CoPilot

Pocketgpsworld iphone cameralert app
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep and I am moving house in 2 weeks arrghhh TT customer service is useless... Evil or Very Mad
n0chex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re ; Help Reply with quote

Hi Guys not sure if this is the right place to post but i have a Nokia 6600 and a Bt338 tomtom 3 do i need tomtom 5 upgrade to get it working please help .....
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Re ; Help Reply with quote

n0chex wrote:
Hi Guys not sure if this is the right place to post but i have a Nokia 6600 and a Bt338 tomtom 3 do i need tomtom 5 upgrade to get it working please help .....

Do you already own TomTom Mobile? The upgrade is only for owners of the original software.
n0chex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right so its just updated maps etc thanks understood now ,ive hit that little button named ....> "Search" and read alot and learned alot many thanks .
cdrider1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS! How useless are this shower??! They asked me to get back to them in a week re delivery address so I did:

Quote:
Dear Mr Rider,

We apologise for the inconvenince but once your order is in our system it is not possible to change the delivery details. We recommend that you contact the courier company directly to change the delivery details. You will be informed by mail when the delivery company receives the shipment along with your delivery tracking number.

With best regards,

I've had a bit of a rant at them because I honestly think they're pi****g about now!

Quote:
This is ridiculous. All I want to do is change delivery address but you keep askign me to try again in a week. Tom Tom's handling of this upgrade has been disgusting and I would like to raise an official complaint. Please tell me how I can do this.

I should not have to contact the delivery company directly, my order is with Tom Tom, I have paid money to Tom Tom and TT should be the ones to change delivery address.

Please change the delivery address, confirm when this is done and tell me your cmplaints procedure.

Thank you
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just typical of Tom Tom Customer service. They dont do anything to endear themselves to their customers. Problem is after reading a post about their current financial situation with loads of money in the bank and no debts, means they dont have an incentive to sort it out, because basically the product they market is actually bloody good, its their customer support that is naff. I have said it before, but i blame no one now 4 having pirated software of Tom Tom, imho the way they have handled this upgrade they deserve all they get. I wonder what the bank balance would be had they handled this situation a whole lot better!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: