Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - For all those who said that the mapping is OK in Scotland
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

For all those who said that the mapping is OK in Scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffblockley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: For all those who said that the mapping is OK in Scotland Reply with quote

Dear Jeff!

Just thought I would give you an update of whats happening with our mapping around Glasgow for the moment,
because based on your information we have undertaken a comparison for the larger Glasgow area with a number
of other mapping sources and we have found a significant number of improvements to make. We will undertake
these improvements over the next couple of month; double check these corrections on the field and ensure that
we as quickly as possible can bring these changes onto our Multinet product, which is used by TomTom. It will
take some time before these changes come through various production cycles, but at least, we can; thanks to your
information; improve the Glasgow area significantly.

Kind regards
Tele Atlas UK Ltd Embarassed

Allan Rasmussen

Jeffblockley@aol.com wrote:

How can you say Tele Atlas is fully committed to continuously update it's mapping try coming to Glasgow and having a look for yourself it is a joke it is that bad it even made a top newspaper in Scotland and filling in the feedback form i would have to take a fortnight off my work and then wait 2 yrs for the maps to be updated.

I say your company is lagging in commitment in putting this problem right i would like you to prove me wrong.

Jeff Blockley :P
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would it takes time as map updates are only usually done yearly by the like of tomtom etc it takes a lot time and effort to produce digital maps so the lead time is usually quite long as one way streets no entries and dead end streets and be changed in a couple of weeks on the ground but it may not make it into a digital map for atleast 12 months and map produced by tomtom (for ease of expamle) is usually atleast 6 months out of date by the time the product hits the shelves by which lots of changes will have occured im not singling tomtom out here as all the software companies have to have a map data cut off time to be able to incorparate data in to the map test the software before release

at the moment there are large changes in glasgow and i used tomtom 3 to navigate a 44 ton truck round the city without any problems at all

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
jeffblockley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alix

I only cut and pasted this actually the bottom past is what i sent to TeleAtlas the top part is my answer so what i am saying is that TeleAtlas are now admitting that the maps in Glasgow are poor.

Jeff
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry jeff i thought you were replying to what teleatlas had sent you but my answer still stands as per the quality of mapping

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: