Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Signal Bars Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Signal Bars Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: No Signal Bars Problem Reply with quote

System:

iPAQ 3850 with Navman 3000 GPS

128MB CF

Software:

Navman SmartST Pro

TomTom Navigator 2.01

Memory Map Pocket Navigator

Everything has been fine until I downloaded and installed the latest Navman SP1 upgrade.

After the SP1 UG, I checked ST Pro and all works OK GPS signals show green.

But now, when I try using TTN2 I see no signal bars on the GPS status screen. It does however show the correct LONG / LAT and 3D indicator.

I go to the Map screen and there are no sats showing on the bar graph, but position shows correctly on the map.

Same problem with Memory Map software, no signal bars show on the GPS status window, but the receiver is working and I get a 3D lock.

I've done a system Hard reset and reinstalled backup copy of memory, prior to SP1 UG. I'm still getting no signal bars showing. ST Pro still OK.

Is it possible that the Navman SP1 UG has altered something in the GPS3000 sleeve?

I must say that the TTFF is much faster with all the GPS software I use since the SP1 UG, even with the iPAQ Hard reset and using the original ST Pro install!?

Any ideas?

Cheers Chris
Chris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: No Signal Bars Problem Reply with quote

Further to my first post on this matter:-

Did a hard reset of my iPAQ.

Installed Navman GPS3000 driver.

A clean install of TTN2.02.

But still not getting the signal bars even when the GPS status screen shows 3D lock and correct position shows on map.

This problem only happened when I installed the SP1 upgrade for Navman ST Pro.

I have not re installed ST Pro onto the system yet.

Quite annoying not being able to see the number of satellites I am receiving.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Has the SP1 upgrade changed something in the Navman GPS3000 receiver sleeve?

Cheers Chris
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Chris, I might know what's happening here. Download this file, unzip and copy to your Pocket PC (root directory will do).

Then make sure you have the Navman sleeve on, open up explorer, goto root directory and tap SP GPS View 1

Tap FILE | START LOG

Tap COMMS | Select Port, change to the COM port you use for the Navman sleeve (usually COM4/5/6), select 57600 and OK.

Tap COMMS | Start (Detect), if successfull you should get a whole host of numbers start to appear on screen.

Tap COMMANDS | SET MSG RATE

Scroll down to GSA and also GSV and select each one. You'll probably find one of these is set to 0. Change it to 1, then OK.

Then tap COMMS | STOP and then tap FILE | STOP LOG, then EXIT.

Now try the TomTom Navigator. If this hasn't fixed it, email me the \SPGPSView.log and I'll take a look.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Chris, just sent you an email on how to re-program the Navman sleeve. Give this a try and let me know how you get on.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: