Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 3 Re-install full or part?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 3 Re-install full or part?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh4u
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: tomtom 3 Re-install full or part? Reply with quote

Hi Folks (who are a lot more clever than myself i'm sure).

I have been using tomtom 3.7 for a while now but i have a bad habbit of letting my pocketgeat pda's battery run out so have to wipe the pda and start again.

Not a huge problem as i only really use the pda for tomtom but my question is this..

Do i have to re-install tomtom3 again from scratch AND THE MAP (uk) even though the great britain map is already installed on the SD card in the pda?

Only takes a couple of minutes to get the tomtom software installed but the map takes about 1.5 hours each time!!! :x

Any ideas as this is starting to wear me out (please don't answer just telling me not to let the battery run out) Smile

Thanks for any and all info.

Josh.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intall the 3.07 cab files to the sd card that way if you let the battery run out then you can reinstall

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Josh4u
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alix

Many thanks for taking the time to answer me.

Can you please expand on your answer a bit though - tried to find the CAB files on the tomtom3 cd but they are pretty small - how would I install the software via these?

The 3 files in the GPS dir are only 1.5mb and the UK cab file is only 103,000 kb! 8O

Now you have confused me Rolling Eyes
Josh4u
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: tried using the sticky method Reply with quote

Hello again all

I have tried the install option using the CAB files (from the sticky instructions).

Seems to install ok but then it informs me that there are no maps even though the map is fully installed on my SD disk?

How does 1 get TT to see the map files over on the SD card?

Any ideas Confused

Josh
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the Sprite back up software and make a full backup on your SD card. The if you have to do a hard reset (or if it happens because your batteries run flat) you can restore your PDA to the state it was in before.
Robin
Josh4u
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Many thanks guys (especially Robin).

The sprite back up software worked a treat.

Installed the whole of tomtom3 from a fresh start and then used the sprite software to back up to my sd disk.

then took the plunge and performed a full system reset of the pda - which many of us know will render the maps useless if they are stored on the sd card).

Located the "auto run" backup file i had made on the SD card and within 3 minutes my pda and TOMTOM had been returned to full working order!

i'm amazed it was so simple :D

Thanks again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: