Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dell The most useless "service" I have ever receiv
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell The most useless "service" I have ever receiv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delboy102
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Dell The most useless "service" I have ever receiv Reply with quote

wtf is up with dell?, I wasted 1 hour of my time not to mention the phone bill and i'v gotten NOWHERE at all, this is the worst company I have ever dealt with.
What happened was I ordered a Dell Axim X30 on the 25th, first of all I was speaking on the phone to this lady and she told me about the warranty, at the time she also mentioned accidental damage cover and I told her if I had to buy it there and then, she said no I can upgrade to it within 45 days of purchase, I thoguth fine i'll take 2 yr cover for now then think about accidental damage cover later.
Well now I phone today and get put thru to warranty services and get told I cannot upgrade to accidental damage cover because I had to buy it at point of sale, i told her what the lady had said and she put me thru to customer services, I explained the problem to her.. after the salesperson advice I had actually brought the PDA online hence I had no details of the person who gave me this advice and that didnt help, well afterwards teh custemer service man said I can upgrade if I wanted to however I would have to pay extra, I said ok if you tell me how much extra I might still be interested, he puts me thru to warranty services and once there she tells me I cant!?, i get put thru to customer services again and while i was explaining the problem without even waiting for me to finish i get put thourgh to warranty services again, then I get disconnected, which is ok as I was going to hang up anyway.

I had emailed them about 5 days ago as well and still havent received a reply, I wasnt expecting this much aggro with dell, maybe good customer sercice is limited to business users.
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell The most useless "service" I have ever re Reply with quote

delboy102 wrote:
this is the worst company I have ever dealt with.

You've obviously not got your landline with NTL or your mobile with O2. Laughing

I've got a Dell PC - hope nothing ever goes wrong with it!
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell The most useless "service" I have ever re Reply with quote

Dell is certainly getting some knocks in this forum at the moment. Fortunately I haven’t got any Dell products.

Maxi wrote:
You've obviously not got your landline with NTL or your mobile with O2. Laughing

I have an O2 contract mobile and I’m very happy with the service and the support that they have given me.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
delboy102
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell The most useless "service" I have ever re Reply with quote

Maxi wrote:
delboy102 wrote:

I'v got NTL and they'v been perfect to me, everyone says there customer service is crap tho so maybe I'v just been lucky
ipod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: that's why i buy apples and palms Reply with quote

i would never consider a dell or any pc related products. the only exceptions are the gps 2610 and the lowrance iway 100m(awaiting to receive). the other pc requirement is my sandisk mp3 player(hardly use that).i use my ipod most of the time. gates and dell can go to he77
ipod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: i can now add ebuyer.com and lowrance for Reply with quote

poor to no customer support! :x
footman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a different experience. I bought an Axim X50v privately which sadly died. The vendor then informed me he had destoyed all his documents. From starting the process of transferring ownership to Dell agreeing to a replacement unit under warranty took just 24 hours all done by webform and email.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customer Service in any company depends on the person you get, you will always get people that try their best to resolve your problem and you get the people the cant be bothered. I have had a 02 contact before and trying to phone them was a nightmare, when i got through the woman was useless to say the least but the second time i called got another woman (cant remember name) but she was very helpful and resolved the problem with my account, you will never get 100% good customer service due to the fact that every person is different, staff and customers. Your experience with Dell relating to accidental damage cover, this maybe be due to the fact they think that you are trying to buy it now because you have broke it (i am not saying this is the case but they are a lot of people who would try that). Everyone wants to buy the goods cheaper and in a lot of cases the only way that companies can compete is having lower overheads (less staff to answer the phone and deal with problems).
michaelh85
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenGourlay wrote:
Everyone wants to buy the goods cheaper and in a lot of cases the only way that companies can compete is having lower overheads (less staff to answer the phone and deal with problems).

Hit..nail..head.

And it's a problem that's only got worse following the high-profile slowdown in consumer spending. Companies are cutting staff, buying less stock and generally cutting corners to maintain high profit margins.
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenGourlay wrote:
Customer Service in any company depends on the person you get

But thats assuming you can get someone! With NTL you spend ages pressing different numbers for different services, putting in your home phone number at least twice so they know where you live, then after you've been waiting for 15 minutes listening to a recorded message about how good NTL are and how they value your custom, you eventually get through to someone who doesn't cover your area but promises to get someone else to call you back! It goes without saying nobody does!

Sorry to go on - I'm back with BT now!

p.s. My Dell PC still works but then again its still within its warranty!
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody has always told me that Dell products were great, but when I wonce tried to order through them, the service ticked me off so I decided not to go with them.
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Dell The most useless "service" I have ever re Reply with quote

delboy102 wrote:
Maxi wrote:
delboy102 wrote:

I'v got NTL and they'v been perfect to me, everyone says there customer service is crap tho so maybe I'v just been lucky

No you're not just lucky Delboy (unfortunate name for this thread isn't it? Laughing ) I have NTL for Cable, Broadband and Telephone and have had no problems at all in 4 years! Customer service have been fine with me.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: