Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x1-immy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered Tuesday Night, my order still sitting at "waiting to be dispatched", guess I wont get my gps this weekend Crying or Very sad
Robocop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on the fence over buying a GPS unit for a while now, and have kept an eye on this thread.
When I did decided to order, I knew who was going to get my business.
Having chosen the Emtac BT along with TT3, I emailed Global Positioning Systems, asking them to price match another well know supplier.
Sure enough they did so (lower in fact), and it appears consequently, they dropped the price on their website 1/2 hour later. :D
Package arrived as promised, and with a bit of help from their Tech Support (cheers guys), I was up and running.
A big thank you; your service does indeed live up to its reputation. Thumbs Up

Kevin
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x1-immy wrote:
Ordered Tuesday Night, my order still sitting at "waiting to be dispatched", guess I wont get my gps this weekend Crying or Very sad

Hi x1-immy, if you can give me more information about your order I'll be happy to chase that up for you.

Please e-mail me on catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk with your order number.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager
x1-immy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for speeding up the despatch of my item. Got it this morning before 9am Smile
Witchy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Very Happy Bunny Reply with quote

Very, very pleased with service I got from Global Positioning Systems. Wanted a GPS Pocket PC as a birthday present for my brother.

Am not the most technical person and looking on everyones web pages was a bit daunting so I called them for some advise. Was a bit concerned at first because it took me ages to get though but eventually spoke to a very helpful person called Owen who suggested the best options.

I ordered the 4150, got e-mails giving me updates about my order and for an extra 30.00 they even installed the TomTom software on it for me so my brother could start using it straight away. He loves it :D
broc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: So how long exactly is 2-4 days delivery supposed to take? Reply with quote

Having spent a lot of time researching which Pocket PC to use with GPS (& where to buy), I ordered a refurbished IPAQ 2210 from globalpositioningsystems.co.uk more than a week ago, requesting free '2-4 day' delivery. According to the website the goods were in stock, the stock was allocated, my card was debited, the stock was picked,the goods were despatched....... but I am still waiting to receive my IPAQ.... and I never received the email which was supposed to contain further details of my shipment. After the 4 days were up I sent an email to their customer service dept (friday pm) asking where my shipment was but that has so far been ignored. Now I feel let down on 2 counts; I think I shall be looking elsewhere to purchase my bluetooth receiver(s) & software now.
Ghost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi after placing an order i find myself in the same position as broc i placed an order on the 12th and card was debited on the 12th it then took 3 days to go through their internal system and was supposedly shipped on the 15th it is now the 19th and still no show.

They are really hard to get through to on the phone and they dont answer emails nor send the confirmation of shipping email that they said they had sent.

I have now lost faith with this company the way i see things is that if thay cant handle sales what chance will i have if the hardware goes faulty and needs returning i have yet to come across a company whose returns department can be as good as their sales department so buyers beware and good luck.
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ghost,

I’m really sorry to hear that you haven't yet received your goods. Without knowing your specific details it's not easy to comment on what may be causing the hold up, but if you contact me on my e-mail address and include your order number I will look into it.

I feel it's worth saying that I'm aware it's sometimes difficult to get through on our phone lines and we are addressing this issue. However, our e-mails are always kept up to date so if you haven't received the update notifications it could possibly be due to the spam filters you have set up on your e-mail and it may be worth checking your ‘bulk mail’ inbox.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager

Spotlight Guides Ltd

catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine wrote:
I feel it's worth saying that I'm aware it's sometimes difficult to get through on our phone lines and we are addressing this issue.

Catherine, looking back on this thread, these problems were apparently being addressed back in January, it's now May and are obviously still on-going, I myself have received a number of emails from GloPos customers complaining about lack of response who didn't want to post publically here, is this problem actively being addressed and will it be resolved soon ?
broc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: So how long exactly is 2-4 days delivery supposed to take? Reply with quote

I have an update to my earlier post with a successful outcome. In frustration on Tuesday I emailed a director of GPS.co.uk (found on this forum) complaining about my order not turning up and the lack of response to emails; he passed on my complaint to the customer service manager who very quickly contacted me via email. I was dismayed by the stance the supplier seemed to be taking; to quote "Once the goods leave our warehouse we consider our part of the agreement to be fulfilled". I was told I must wait until 15 days had elapsed before Royal Mail would regard the package as 'missing', meanwhile if my order was urgent I could always re-order (and pay AGAIN). We got into a somewhat fruitless debate about who's responsibility it was to fulfill my order & and ensure I received the goods.... but by Tuesday 4pm (7 working days after ordering on a 2-4 day delivery timetable) the iPAQ had turned up anyway; imagine my dismay to find it was missing the stylus. Full credit to GPS.co.uk however because they shipped a replacement pack of 3 stylii which arrived at 7:30am the next day. The one thing which is outstanding is why I did not receive the email with shipment details; it was suggested that this was due to spam filtering at my email provider... given the amount of spam I receive from other companies I buy from on the WWW I am doubtful about this.
Ghost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its now the 20th and still no show royal mail website is unable to track it i am now on my 8th day of waiting Sad
Griff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up bought ttn3 with guaranteed next day no problems at all will be using this company in the future :D
melinau
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently used GPS and find them very good, despite many problems of their own making.

It seems they keep an eye on this forum, so in the spirit of improved service (and less stress to their helpul staff!) hers are a couple of pointers.

My problems related to:
1/ When I 'ordered' online everything appeared to go well, but the order tracking didn't work.
2/ They couldn't find the order I'd been allocated by the website on their systems.
3/ Despite much activity even when I 'knew' emails ahd been sent by them they were VERY slow to arrive. Similarly responsiveness by email VERY poor for an on-line company.

Despite these gripes, I found the staff exceptionally helpful by phone (it took patience to get through) and the outcome was delibvery the next day as arranged.
I would recommend them to anyone, and intend to purchase additional kit in the near future.
ikd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I had no problems ordering my stuff. Being a noob to this GPS game, I rung up got help, the order tracking worked well and it arrived 10.30am the next day Smile
handyman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been removed for legal reasons.

Mike Barrett
PocketGPSWorld.com Team

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: