Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Consultant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all the kit as promised after having to deal with the Post Office's Screwup.

Thanks to Simon, and his team, I'm really pleased.

Cheers

T.
peewit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: zero response Reply with quote

I have seen a lot a positive feedback on this company (Global positioning systems) but here is my experience.
I was looking to purchase TT2 bundle and saw the item on their website and item in stock on Thursday 29th Jan. A couple of hours later I re-visted the website to purcase the product but found that the stock status had changed. I decided to ring them using the phone number on the website for clarification. I tried twice but did not manage to speak to anyone and just got a recorded selling message with a really irrating jingly music background. On the first attempt I waited for 10 minutes and gave up. I tried again an hour later and this time held on for 20 minutes until I could no longer bear to listen to the same old message.

I then rang TotalPDA who answered immediately and I purchased their product at an even better price.
Jon Bowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peewit,

Firstly may I apologise for the length of time you experienced waiting to speak to an advisor. At times on Thursday we were experiencing a high volume of calls, at other times however we had no calls waiting.

In regard to the problems you experienced with the stock levels, we use an automated stock control system which is constantly updating stock levels on our website. It is probable that when you looked at the website initially to determine the stock levels, there were only a few left. When you returned these will have been sold, and stock levels would have dropped to zero.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you were caused this time, and hope that we have an opportunity in future to offer you the high level of service that we strive to achieve

Jonathan Bowes
Spotlight Guides Ltd
jonathan.bowes@spotlightguides.co.uk
JH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a HP Ipaq 5550 + Fortuna Clipon GPS + Arkon Mount + TomTom2 from globalpositioningsystems. Ordered stuff on Thursday, dispatched on Friday (using 2-4 days free delivery) and it came on Saturday.

Thumbs Up

Would definately recommend this supplier.
Afx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I ordered the same kit early this morning and they dont have everything in stock and cannot give me an eta of when the stock will arrive. Think I may cancel the order and find a deal elsewhere...
Afx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: zero response Reply with quote

peewit wrote:
I have seen a lot a positive feedback on this company (Global positioning systems) but here is my experience.
I was looking to purchase TT2 bundle and saw the item on their website and item in stock on Thursday 29th Jan. A couple of hours later I re-visted the website to purcase the product but found that the stock status had changed. I decided to ring them using the phone number on the website for clarification. I tried twice but did not manage to speak to anyone and just got a recorded selling message with a really irrating jingly music background. On the first attempt I waited for 10 minutes and gave up. I tried again an hour later and this time held on for 20 minutes until I could no longer bear to listen to the same old message.

I then rang TotalPDA who answered immediately and I purchased their product at an even better price.

I also had difficulties getting an answer this morning and took 4 attempts to get through. I do find it interesting how a company can say they are awaiting stock but can't give an eta...surely they knew when the stock was reordered and know the lead times from previous experience?
Jon Bowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Afx, Thank you for your posting :-(

Unfortunately, as with most other resellers of TomTom products in the UK, we are currently out of stock of much of their range. This is because TomTom are currently experiencing manufacturing difficulties and consequently were not able to give a supply date until they had resolved their production problems.

However, late on Friday afternoon we were advised that production was now back up and running and that all of our back orders would be covered by early next week. Fingers crossed.

I’m sorry we weren’t able to give you an eta when you called, but sometimes it is because we haven’t been furnished with one from the manufacturer.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or queries about the status of your order please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Jonathan Bowes
Spotlight Guides Ltd

T 08453 45 42 45
F 08453 45 42 66
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Refunds Reply with quote

I paid extra for next day Royal Mail Special Delivery but the Royal Mail failed to deliver on time. I asked for a refund for the extra I paid for next day delivery but my e-mails were ignored.
Jon Bowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MrT,

We have a simple and clear policy on late deliveries by Royal Mail. Our customers are entitled to a refund for the price of the Special Delivery service when a parcel is not delivered on time. We then claim these costs back from Royal Mail.

May I apologise for the lack of response to your email, this is not a usual occurence. I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me with your order details and I will look into the matter on your behalf.

Many thanks

Jonathan Bowes
Spotlight Guides Ltd
T 08453 45 42 45
F 08453 45 42 65
BlueMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Oh Dear! Reply with quote

Based on the views expressed here I placed an on-line order with these guys yesterday and got the expected email confirmations.

A few hours later I noticed that the price of the HP4150 had dropped by £40. As they were now closed I emailed them to ask if they wanted to give me a credit for the difference or should I send the whole lot back for a refund.

Well, they say they've been open since 0800 this morning but no respons so far. Their live chat says no one is available. The musak that I am listening to confirms that I have been on hold for 28 mins so far on the phone.

To cap it all the paid for before 9am delivery arrived at 9:20 with a label suggesting it was a before noon delivery which is what the royal mail chap claimed too.

Is this top rate customer service.....

I don't really want to open the package if it has to go back so this is very frustrating as I only have a few hours to set it all up if I am keeping it before business commitments mean it will have to stay on the shelf for a few days and then the next day delivery, that I stayed at home for, was pointless.
BlueMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, well, they always say that a well handled problem generates greater customer loyalty than a right first time order...!

Finally got through after being on hold for 40 mins.

I have been told I'll receive the credit for the price difference and the premium delivery cost Thumbs Up

If the requested email arrives in the next few minutes confirming that then I'll be a happy bunny like all the rest of you. I am sure an internet business model doesn't leave much spare for masses of telephone support people but a bit less than 40 mins on hold would have been nice.
BlueMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there you go...just received the email Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Afx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm..how did you manage to get an email? 8O ...all I wanted was an update on a delayed order and still haven't had an email reply (over 24hrs ago). I got tired of being on hold for 17 minutes first time I rang, then rang some more...so thought it maybe quicker using email...guess it's back on the phone.
If anyone could recommend a (uk) dealer who is close on price to their bundle packages please let me know. I'm wanting the hp5550 TTN2 bundle with the fortuna clip on & arkon mount...just worries me that if I do get the bundle from gps will the follow up customer service will be as poor as the sales service if I encounter problems Confused
I know Jonathan from gps occasionally replies on here to queries/complaints...how many people work there?

Kev
Jon Bowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Afx,

Thank you for your comments Confused ! There are times during the day where we are experiencing very high volumes of calls and at present our sales team are doing all they can to keep waiting times to a minimum.

Having said that we do offer unbiased, impartial buying advice to try to ensure our customers receive the products they require. As you will appreciate this will sometimes take time. We are actively looking to resolve this issue.

If you have any further queries concerning your order please don't hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks

Jonathan Bowes
Spotlight Guides Ltd
Afx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jon, thanks for chasing this up for me, hopefully things will be ok now the order has been completed...I look forward to receiving the kit and will let you know how it goes.

Kev

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: